Roger ON iN mic issue

Yes, repetition with a 2x4 works best with me. :wink:

I am going to have to carve out some time tomorrow and go through all this. I didnā€™t see the ā€œDevicesā€ at the bottom of app page, so never found ā€œProduct Infoā€ page either.

SO MUCH TO LEARN! Thank you for your persistence and persuasion. Now Iā€™m gonna go suck my thumb. :+1:

1 Like

On the home page of the app (below the volume slider) you will see several items, Home-Health-Devices-Support-Profile. We need to select ā€œDevicesā€ which takes you to a page entitled ā€œMy hearing aidsā€. From there select ā€œProduct informationā€

1 Like

I delete all 3, it reduces all the unnecessary button pressing if the app isnā€™t on.

Iā€™ve noticed these canā€™t be deleted in my Marvels

Peter

On the bottom of the app go to Devices and then on the next page click on Product Information and the resulting page will have that as well as your current firmware version

Jim

1 Like

OK! Many thanks for the tips here!
raylock1 & JBC - bingo on the button! I found the exact screen youā€™re talking about. I have the Roger license 03 in both of my 312 aids. So WHY arenā€™t I able to use the Roger at all? Very strange.

My other pair of aids, Champagne, can not use this myPhonak app (unless I ā€œforgetā€ my primary pair of 312s), but with these aids I can use either Roger mic in any situation: in the cradle, or out.

Iā€™m still in the 60-day trial period with these 312s, but it seems lame that I canā€™t even test the MAJOR accessory that I paid so much money for. My 2 Roger mics only work with the pair of aids not even controlled by myPhonak. :neutral_face:

PeterH: I see the three app-created programs you list (Restaurant, Music and TV) each one based on existing programs in Phonak. I already have a dedicated program for Speech in LOUD Noise, so should I eliminate ā€œRestaurantā€? Also, I have a dedicated Music program, so I donā€™t need the app-created ā€œMusicā€. As for the app-created ā€œTVā€, I think thatā€™s taken care of with my Roger mic connected to our home theatre box.

I think itā€™s TOTALLY COOL that I can either use my aids to cycle through the main 4 programs set up (Auto, Speech in Loud Noise, Music, Acoustic Phone) or, launch myPhonak and select these other three that have been pre-built for my use. In time, I may adjust and rename the other three programs to work in different situations. :smiley:

Now if only I could get the Roger mic working on my 312s. I was all set to REMOVE the license and then try to re-install it, but wonder if my audi should do it? Or should I live dangerously. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Have you done a proper pairing?
Have you turned off the other hearing aids?

@1Bluejay Turn the Roger on, press the connect button on the back of the roger and hold it within a couple of inches of the hearing aid. Could take a couple tries. Hold it for 30 seconds or more until you hear the chime. The hearing aids only connect to one roger at a time, so if you change Rogers or hearing aids, you will have to do this each time.

1 Like

There is a way to see if the Roger On In has any receivers left. I doubt it does, but worth a try. The 312ā€™s should still have the receivers unless your audiologist somehow cleared them.

I actually think you should simplify your setup. Do you still need two sets since you now have the 312ā€™s?

Nope. For love nor money, the LEFT 312 refuses to pair. I got the check mark on the RIGHT aid after a couple tries, but after 20 tries, I keep getting the big X for the left aid. No idea what-all is going on.

ALL other aids are OFF. Iā€™m just turning a single aid ON to pair it with the mic.

Youā€™re on the same page as me! Iā€™ve definitely decided to simplify things. I will scale back to ONE pair of 312s, ONE pair of OLD 13-battery backups (not used except in emergency) and ONE Roger mic. I just need to get ONE of these Rogers to pair successfully with BOTH of my new 312s. Only one of them seems to have paired. The LEFT aid refuses to pair.

NO to the first question. Can not pair my LEFT 312 aid after 20 tries.
YES to the 2nd question. All other aids are OFF while Iā€™m trying to pair LEFT aid to Roger mic.

:thinking:

Are you talking about through the app? One aid controls bluetooth, either left or right. Dont look at or select or bother the LE_ devices.

You dont pair to two devices in the app.

Exactly. I am not pairing aids via myPhonak app (or even myRoger app). I have closed out ALL apps, turned phoneā€™s BT off, turned the RIGHT aid off, and am only trying to get license on LEFT aid.

Previously (hours ago) myPhonak app showed BOTH aids had 03 license. Now, only the RIGHT aid has the 03 license; LEFT aid shows Not Installed.

Nothing is intuitive or easy with these STOOPID Roger mics. Iā€™m all outta ideas here.

The steps Iā€™m following were copied down when my audi put the license on my 312s 3 weeks ago:

INSTALLATION

1. Turn both aids OFF (open battery doors, or turn rechargeable off)
  2. Turn the Roger ON iN mic ON
  3. Now turn the Roger over, lift the clip, and press the pin into the pinhole and hold for 2-seconds
  4. Turn ONE of the aids ON, and place it right next to the Roger mic
  5. In a few seconds, you should see the :heavy_check_mark:check mark display on the Roger (If a large X appears, repeat above steps.)
  6. If you see the :heavy_check_mark:check mark there is one last step: literally place the Roger mic on top of that hearing aid - touch it to the aid for a couple seconds.
  7. If youā€™ve got the license xferred (or whatever they want to call it - I call it your aids are now paired & connected to the Roger) to that aid, DO THE SAME for the other aid. BOTH aids need to have these steps performed to successfully stream with the Roger.

UNINSTALL

1. Repeat the steps above for EACH aid.
  2. This time, a large ā€œXā€ will tell you the aid is no longer paired with Roger and will no longer stream audio from that mic.
1 Like

What are you trying to do? You wouldnt involve the Roger On if you are pairing your aids to the My Phonak app. Those are separate things. And turn both aids on.

Iā€™m not pairing the aids to the myPhonak app. They are already paired, connected and show up under ā€œDevicesā€. I can see under that screen that my RIGHT aid has the Roger license, but the LEFT aid does not.

I am only trying to INSTALL the Roger license onto the LEFT 312 aid. I closed out myPhonak app and was ONLY working with the Roger mic, the pin, and my LEFT aid. Just those 3 things. No success. No idea why.

2 Likes

@1Bluejay Are you getting sound from the Roger in both ears? When I connect to one ear I hear the tones in both ears so I only need to connect to one ear. I do get a checkmark if I try to connect to the other ear, however. But the sound is the same in both ears whether I got a checkmark in one ear or two. It would be interesting to also try the other Roger and see if the result is the same. I expect it will be.

Ok, gotcha. Does the Roger on still have 1 receiver? It has to have at least 1 receiver in order to send a receiver to the left hearing aid. Did you say that a few hours ago they both had receivers?

When you install the licenses, make sure you do them one at a time with the other aid turned off (i.e. battery door open). Otherwise the licenses may just move back and forth. When you reinstall the left aid make sure the right aid is off before you begin.

1 Like

OK. I got my OTHER (redundant) Roger mic out and went through the entire procedure of:
Turn Roger OFF
Turn both aids OFF
Turn Roger ON
Pin press 2-sec until hearing aid icon appears on the Roger display
Turn ONE aid ON and place next to Roger

CHECK MARK displayed for both RIGHT and LEFT aid

Tried to use Roger to stream sound, and it only goes in ONE ear.

I think Iā€™ll just have to dump all these redundant mics and aids in a basket and take them to my audi. Itā€™s incredibly frustrating!

Thanks SO MUCH all for the persistence and advice, but I think this is going to have to be resolved at the audiā€™s. It could be something to do with the naming in Target. She only renamed the RIGHT aid before disconnecting. I think BOTH aids had to be renamed.

Oddly, Iā€™m able to stream calls perfectly fine on the cell phone. So the problem seems to be narrowed down to the new 312 aids and the Roger mic licenses.

(EDIT: I un-installed and re-installed BOTH myPhonak and myRoger again and am able to stream with the 312s to both mics!!! Should I ask Scotty to please beam me aboard? Iā€™ll check again tomorrow, but if this is the fix Iā€™m all for it. :alien: :alien:)