Roger Focus

Thanks so much!

In verification mode, when adjusting gain its the same as volume gain? There is no way to calibrate it? That’s so weird that I’m finding such a huge difference between the 2 sets both with a slim tube. Could it be the firmware?

And yes i am aiming the sky marvel m30 at 3800 the pair! I was about to trial them with a roger receiver and pen when covid happened. They refused to let me trial them as they were closing up shop. So i decided to invest in used focus pair till this out break settles. Then i could see if Marvel sky is best for me.

@RogerPM @Zebras you are amazing. Thanks

And i just bought the inspiro at 63$usd shipping customs included. I’ll use it to upgrade firmware. I’ll resell it if i go for sky. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just found out that your 2014 Focus should update to 1.7 which is only 1 before the 2.0 update.

1 Like

Im just worried that updating i would lose what i like aboit focus. Its not overwhelming anymore

I would read what the firmware the Focus’s are on and let me know. I’ll be able to tell you what the firmware allowed you to do.

You can read the firmware via the Inspiro. You don’t need to connect to the Roger software.

EDIT - if the firmware is the same in both Focus’s, I personally would leave it.

If the 2014 firmware is lower then the 2017 firmware, I would only update the 2014 Focus to make it the same as the 2017 Focus. Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Thanks @RogerPM I’m going to try my Grandmas Focus’s and use a ear hook and closed ear mould in my left ear. Will see if I can hear anything with the volume plus the extra for using an ear hook.

1 Like

For Roger Focus EasyGain and the volume control is the same thing I’m afraid. It’s mentioned in the FAQ as well.

There is no difference between the 1.7 and 2.0 FW. The version number was just bumped to be aligned with other receiver firmwares.

There also seem to be no real difference between the 2014 hardware and the 2017 hardware. There were just some changes of components that were EOLd by the supplier.

2 Likes

That’s good to know. You’re great! Thanks for being part of the forum.

Roger pm!!! Thanks

So the only thing i can think of is one of them is defective. I sure hope it’s the first pair.

I just got a second roger pen. This one is the easy pen with base and wires. I got it from a guy in calgary for 100$ cad!!!
Anyway i got it because at times i dont want to hold mic like if we are biking. I cant hear speech when biking and road noise. Yeah i hear noise but cant understand. Bike rides are boring. So the idea is to put it on my husband and my younger who to me mumbles (no she talks just i cant hear her!!!)

So i connected primary pen (1.1) to receivers, then easy pen to primary pen. It worked well. But… I was under the impression from extensive reading and studying this that its first talker gets through shutting off the other mic. And thats what i want. Not in this case. If a person is talking in the secondary oen (easy pen) and somoen starts talking after in primary pen, the primary pen wins every single time. I reversed the pens and made easy pen primary and same thing. Primary pen takes precedence. Weird. Second easy pen is a 2016 and 1.1 is 2018. I have not received inspiro yet so cant check firmware. But is this something u guys have experience. Maybe im doimg something wrong. Its not a huge issue. Ill teach my girls ro mute the pen. But i liked that it cant intrude on talker.

You can check the firmware on the Pens without the Inspiro.

When I connect 2 x Touchscreen’s, the 2nd transmitter cuts off if the person is speaking into the 1st transmitter. The same happens if the person is speaking into the 2nd transmitter, the 1st cuts out.

I’m not a fan of how the system works if you are using 2 x transmitters.

1 Like

I can mute my Touchscreens but can you mute the Pens?

I’d be interested to know if you can.

Absolutely. You press the on button briefly. It mutes it. Both easy and 1.1 pen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Weird as it’s not supposed to be like that.

Here is what it says on site Phonak q and a

Q: Which speaker has priority?

A: Every microphone has the same priority, the device that detects the voice first will transmit its voice until the speaker stops speaking (another speaker cannot interrupt).

Note that if the audio cable is plugged directly into Roger Pen, it will always be active and no other microphone is able to transmit.

It seems possible that you do not have the latest 2.0 firmware. To check and update the firmware version you only need a USB cable and Roger Upgrader. No need for an Inspiro or Touchscreen Mic.

2 Likes

In this You Tube video Phonak don’t even mention using the Pen in omni-directional anymore. They say it’s only good for one on one situations.

hey

well it seems both my pens were at latest firmware 2.0.9808 upon reception, my easy pen and my 1.1 pen. it still does priority instead of first come first serve. i guess i ll give phonak a call. or maybe ill just get used to keeping primary with person i need to hear more and can tell to stay quiet. ie not my yongest daughter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you on Facebook? I find I get answers from Phonak by writing on their Facebook wall. They are very good at answering people’s questions.

1 Like

Will try that. I have been testing it

Here is what i get.
When i pair Roger pens, the one i press connect on becomes primary. But if i turn both pens off while in network, the first pen i turn back on becomes primary! Not good because one pen is on my 4 year old and when i need the other i turn it on but its always in lanyard mode instead of pointer mode.

When secondary pen is actively listening, if primary pen gets louder noise it cancells secondary pen.

Left a message on messenger. Will try wall they don’t answer.

Hi @Nikita

Hope you don’t mind me asking but my friend has single side deafness, 100% deaf in one ear but hearing in the other ear.

She is thinking of getting a Roger Focus but would like to know if you have to turn the volume up when in noisy places?