Roger Focus

hey

well it seems both my pens were at latest firmware 2.0.9808 upon reception, my easy pen and my 1.1 pen. it still does priority instead of first come first serve. i guess i ll give phonak a call. or maybe ill just get used to keeping primary with person i need to hear more and can tell to stay quiet. ie not my yongest daughter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you on Facebook? I find I get answers from Phonak by writing on their Facebook wall. They are very good at answering people’s questions.

1 Like

Will try that. I have been testing it

Here is what i get.
When i pair Roger pens, the one i press connect on becomes primary. But if i turn both pens off while in network, the first pen i turn back on becomes primary! Not good because one pen is on my 4 year old and when i need the other i turn it on but its always in lanyard mode instead of pointer mode.

When secondary pen is actively listening, if primary pen gets louder noise it cancells secondary pen.

Left a message on messenger. Will try wall they don’t answer.

Hi @Nikita

Hope you don’t mind me asking but my friend has single side deafness, 100% deaf in one ear but hearing in the other ear.

She is thinking of getting a Roger Focus but would like to know if you have to turn the volume up when in noisy places?

Hi zebra! Doing great.

So i am still running tests on mine to see what triggers what.
When at table i sometimes need to up the volume manually on focus receivers itself as the microphone does not detect that it is too noisy, is not that noisy but enough for me to need higher volume.
But generally speaking, the microphone detects noisy environments and ups the volume for you. It also goes in Omni mode depending on situation. See the cheat sheet :slight_smile:

I am frustrated with phone calls as the volume is constantly too low when picking up a call or making one via Bluetooth. I need to up the volume manually. But i was making pancakes yesterday and I distractedly started the blender while it was ringing before having upped the volume manually. The mic detected the noise and maximized the volume. I was able to continue talking to my mom!!! When the noise stopped, about a couple seconds later it readjusted volume of focus. That was unexpected.

In very very loud noise… We have already discussed that. See cheat sheet :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!!

1 Like

Thanks that really helps. I’ll let my friend know.

1 Like