Ringtones not playing in hearing aids with iOS 13.2

That is what I’m currently getting. At 13.1 I was getting all alerts, I have heard that some future iteration will allow for a toggle type choice. Oticon support day’s they are trying to convince Apple to provide a choice toggle

1 Like

I do not want any other alerts to my hearing aids other than the ringtone and caller ID

No unfortunately the 13.3.1 does not allow sending alerts to the hearing aids. I miss most of my alerts because I never hear them.

Running iOS 13.3.1 on iPhone XS Max, with the Smart 3D app v.1.5.1 installed. I get iPhone ringtones to my ReSound LiNX Quattros. Under the iPhone’s Settings->Accessibility->Hearing Devices, I have “Play Ringtones” enabled.

Would be good to provide a toggle choice - like Apple does for ringtones …

2 Likes

I miss most alerts as well. When alerts were iny aids, which I just started using in September, I was able to hear all my alerts for the first time in years! Very disappointed bthst I can’t hear them now. A toggle would be best, so as to accomodatevthise of us who want alerts, as well as those who do not.

1 Like

Actually it was quite easy to turn the alerts you don’t like off when they were working. The problem now is that you can’t turn them on. As each non functional alert version comes out, I report it with the link below.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

1 Like

Apple should provide option of having alerts to hearing aids in accessibility (like they do with ringtones) … for example I do not like/want ringtones to my hearng aids but I do want them to ring on the phone …I don’t want them off entirely . Apple should provide same for alerts

1 Like

but they are completely off, that is not exceptable either, some of us just do not want them in out hearing aids.

1 Like

IOS14 Beta allows a toggle for system sounds!

My wife had this problem. Oticon OPN S1s, iPhone XR. After changing the ring to a different one it started working. Go figure