Ringtones not playing in hearing aids with iOS 13.2

Thanks for trying to help. I checked and, yes, I have both “play ringtones” on in the hearing devices part of the accessibility menu. And audio routing is set to “automatic.” No ringtones to my aids. I can still hear my phone when it rings, well most of the time. But I do wonder what’s up and what I’ll do if/when my hearing gets worse.

oh well… can’t think of anything else… I assume the phone’s not on “silent” (switch on the side) … I assume it isn’t because then you wouldn’t hear any sort of notifications,etc… guess you tried the usual “restart the phone, repair the aids, turn bluetooth off and on” etc…

Ever since the upgrade to iOS 13 my oticon opn2 do not receive notifications. Apple tech support said their engineering doesn’t care because it is a expected behavior.

what do you mean by “notifications” ? If you mean text alerts - Apple turned this off - it was on briefly in one of the ios 13 … if you mean “ringtones” (eg phone calls) - they should still work, if you have “play ringtones” toggled on in accessibility … and call audio is set to either “automatic” or “always hearing aids” …

Yes to both. I don’t get notifications or ringtones.

weird. I just tried and DO get ringtones … I normally keep it toggled “off” because I don’t really want them to the aids, but they do go to aids if I turn them on… as I said before, one of th ios13 iterations turned the text notifications OFF - not sure what Apple plans to do - would be nice if they gave folks the option (like the “play ringtones” ) …

Can I assume you tried all the usual , reboot the phone, repair the hearing aids, check to make sure the “silent” switch on side of iphone isn’t turned on…

Tried everything numerous times.

I get ringtones to my OPN1 aids from my iPhone 7plus

I have Oticon minirites and iPhone XR.
My phone upgraded to 13.3, I lost alerts in my aides, with 13.2 it had been working perfectly

You can report iPhone bugs at the link below. I do not have alerts working in my KS8 aids either with 13.3. This is too bad as that was really the only extra feature I was getting with iOS 13 compared to 12.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Thanks. I wish I could roll back to 13.2

There are some that claim it can be done, but I tried and bricked my phone. When it was unbricked there was no choice but the latest 13 version. Apple sure falls down when it comes to letting you choose your operating system. It is a one way street – take it or leave it!

I found this link and was able to go back to 13.2.3 with a clean Restore

Hoping I get my notifications back

Yes, there may be a time window to go back one revision if you are brave. I was trying to go back to 13.1 which was the last one that worked for me. It was a no go.

iOS 13.3 here with Marvel M-90R and I get ringtones and text tones along with calendar alerts etc just fine.

I’m so new to this (1 week) maybe it’s beginners luck and I’ve cursed me now :flushed:

I don’t believe the Marvel uses MFi features of the iPhone. It bypasses them with a Marvel propitiatory system using Classic Bluetooth.

1 Like

I thought I should report how this eventually worked out for me. So far as I can tell, I’m the only one on the site who reported that I couldn’t get my ReSound Quattros to send the phone ringtone to my hearing aids. Lots of suggestions were tried over the course of more than a year. My hearing isn’t awful and I could hear the phone ring if it was anywhere near me…so I gave up.

An update: about a month ago I downloaded the ringtone that ReSound supplies on its website instead of picking one from those that are supplied as options on the Iphone. I’ll be darned. Now I hear the ringtone direct to my hearing aids. Pretty bizarre. If anyone else has this problem and wants to give it a try…it’s at this link. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page. https://www.resound.com/en

2 Likes

With the 13.3.1 update, do ringtones remain in the hearing aides, and are other Alerts either added or placed on a toggle?

I updated to 13.3.1. I see no change in how the alerts are handled.

I have the Iphone 7 with OPN1 hearing aids and I get the ringtone to my hearing aids, as well as caller ID.