Ringtones not playing in hearing aids with iOS 13.2

Thanks. I wish I could roll back to 13.2

There are some that claim it can be done, but I tried and bricked my phone. When it was unbricked there was no choice but the latest 13 version. Apple sure falls down when it comes to letting you choose your operating system. It is a one way street – take it or leave it!

I found this link and was able to go back to 13.2.3 with a clean Restore

Hoping I get my notifications back

Yes, there may be a time window to go back one revision if you are brave. I was trying to go back to 13.1 which was the last one that worked for me. It was a no go.

iOS 13.3 here with Marvel M-90R and I get ringtones and text tones along with calendar alerts etc just fine.

I’m so new to this (1 week) maybe it’s beginners luck and I’ve cursed me now :flushed:

I don’t believe the Marvel uses MFi features of the iPhone. It bypasses them with a Marvel propitiatory system using Classic Bluetooth.

1 Like

I thought I should report how this eventually worked out for me. So far as I can tell, I’m the only one on the site who reported that I couldn’t get my ReSound Quattros to send the phone ringtone to my hearing aids. Lots of suggestions were tried over the course of more than a year. My hearing isn’t awful and I could hear the phone ring if it was anywhere near me…so I gave up.

An update: about a month ago I downloaded the ringtone that ReSound supplies on its website instead of picking one from those that are supplied as options on the Iphone. I’ll be darned. Now I hear the ringtone direct to my hearing aids. Pretty bizarre. If anyone else has this problem and wants to give it a try…it’s at this link. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page. https://www.resound.com/en

2 Likes

With the 13.3.1 update, do ringtones remain in the hearing aides, and are other Alerts either added or placed on a toggle?

I updated to 13.3.1. I see no change in how the alerts are handled.

I have the Iphone 7 with OPN1 hearing aids and I get the ringtone to my hearing aids, as well as caller ID.

That is what I’m currently getting. At 13.1 I was getting all alerts, I have heard that some future iteration will allow for a toggle type choice. Oticon support day’s they are trying to convince Apple to provide a choice toggle

1 Like

I do not want any other alerts to my hearing aids other than the ringtone and caller ID

No unfortunately the 13.3.1 does not allow sending alerts to the hearing aids. I miss most of my alerts because I never hear them.

Running iOS 13.3.1 on iPhone XS Max, with the Smart 3D app v.1.5.1 installed. I get iPhone ringtones to my ReSound LiNX Quattros. Under the iPhone’s Settings->Accessibility->Hearing Devices, I have “Play Ringtones” enabled.

Would be good to provide a toggle choice - like Apple does for ringtones …

2 Likes

I miss most alerts as well. When alerts were iny aids, which I just started using in September, I was able to hear all my alerts for the first time in years! Very disappointed bthst I can’t hear them now. A toggle would be best, so as to accomodatevthise of us who want alerts, as well as those who do not.

1 Like

Actually it was quite easy to turn the alerts you don’t like off when they were working. The problem now is that you can’t turn them on. As each non functional alert version comes out, I report it with the link below.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

1 Like

Apple should provide option of having alerts to hearing aids in accessibility (like they do with ringtones) … for example I do not like/want ringtones to my hearng aids but I do want them to ring on the phone …I don’t want them off entirely . Apple should provide same for alerts

1 Like

but they are completely off, that is not exceptable either, some of us just do not want them in out hearing aids.

1 Like

IOS14 Beta allows a toggle for system sounds!