Review of Phone Clip +

IMHO… this is just my case (your milage may vary).

1. With the resound “Phone clip (2)” calls on my cell phone are pretty good…
    When you receive a phone call your phone rings and you get a “beep” in the aids. You push the middle button on the clip (the button does not have a “snap or click” so you guess it is pushed), and you are connected to the phone. If your “Aid batteries” are not fresh you may drop the sound in one aid or the other during the call. To hang up you push the button again.

I have not found a way to listen to music from my phone. Maybe this is just me???

1. Siemens Aids with Rexton Mini-blue basically workes the same as above but…
    The controller has a snap or click that you can feel to answer a call. The quality of the sound is pretty good and I can play music from the phone to the aids (sounds decent). Never lost sounds to aids, if the battery is working in the aids they connect to the mini-blue, period. If you use the Rexton mini-blue for streaming (music or TV) it will drain the mini-blue battery whitin a hour (my experience, your milage may vary). And the mini-blue will have to be recharged.

The Siemens aids are an older set for me and I cannot get anyone “locally” to adjust the properly for me. These would be my everyday set if not for that.

I hope this helps.

I’ve have now been using the phone clip+ for a number of months now and here are some comments:

1. I sent the review to Resound as I thought they would be interested receiving feedback from an actual user. I never received a response- period. Not very good from a marketing and public relations point of view I would think!
  2. I use the phone clip while on the treadmill. After several months the clip broke off as it was rusted. Costco is great and the phone clip was replaced immediately. Now as to the rust problem, I would think that Resound should probably do something about this as people do sweat, especially in hot climates, so this is not only a problem only for runners. I use the phone clip on the lanyard against my chest.
  3. I have received generally negative comments from people receiving calls. Call quality needs to be improved

It’s nice to listen to P Andorra and my recorded music on the IPhone, but the connection isn’t great for the person you call. With my old Bluetooth I could talk all day and it was as clear as my landline They tell me this sounds like a speaker phone. I don’t use it for long calls or important clients. Still am glad I got it

I think some of the comments above might be about the original Phone Clip and not the current Phone Clip+.

I get fast connection to a call and can answer using the button or from the phone itself. I normally take the phone out anyway to see who the call is from before I answer, because I let some calls go to voicemail.

The microphone on the Phone Clip+ is on the front, whereas the microphone on the previous model, the Phone Clip, is on the top. So using the Phone Clip+ while under your shirt may pick up some static sounds as the microphone comes into contact with clothing. I wear mine on the outside if I know I will be on the phone, or if it is an “important” call. Sound quality for callers, when the Phone Clip+ is not under my shirt, is excellent, about like any Bluetooth headset. Sound quality on my end of the call is also excellent.

I also use mine for streaming and the streaming quality is very good. You can have the sound adjusted to take some of the tinniness out of it.

One thing that I have found disturbing is that the “+” does NOT like any moister.
I was outside at an event with the clip on my shirt. It was misty raining and I didn’t even get wet. The next day the clip died and the audiologist said it was moister. I even had one replaced in warranty(you get one shot) for being wet. I live in the south and even the mold has mold on it! I am treating this newest one with kit gloves. If it dies, I quit.

I have been caught in the rain several times and have had no problems with the “+”. Did he/she see moisture or was that just a guess? I live in the South as well and have had both hearing aids and the Phone Clip+ soaked with perspiration and have had no problems.

I live in Hotlanta and my experience with the Phone Clip + has been the same as Don’s. I usually walk outdoors at least three times a week for about an hour in the afternoon, using PC + to listen to streamed music or to use my phone. Clipped to my shirt collar, my PC + has well endured temps in the 90s and light rain, but I do put it in my pocket during heavy rain. And on phone calls, people on the other end say they hear me quite well, and I rarely have to repeat myself.

Obviously, some PC + are duds, just like any other gadgets/products, including those with great reviews/comments. I’m just offering my own experience.

Don, She said she “saw” moisture…
Maybe it was a dud, I don’t know. One thing I did forget to post is the “clip” does not tolerate somewhat weak batteries. If one side or the other drops during a call, replace the (aid) battery. The mini blue will work all the way until you get a low bat tone in the aids.

No, she didn’t. Maybe you should re-read the post. Sometimes people speculate on what the cause is. So my question was whether the professional actually saw moisture or was he/she just responding to the idea that the person was in a light rain the day before, so it must be moisture.

I usually do not respond to these types of responses. But since you replyed in this butt head stance…

“She said, she saw moisture in the phone clip +”. I typed it real slow for you this time.

Its pretty obvious that Don did not realize that you posted both messages so you could have just pointed that out to him.

Does anyone know of any sort of “landline Bluetooth adapter” that I could purchase that would allow me to use the phone clip + with my desk telephone at work?

Sorry, I thought the original post was from someone else.

I use the Plantronics Voyager 500A. I use just the base and it works fine. There is a cable you can buy that connects to the headset port of your phone. If the phone doesn’t have a headset port then you will either have to take the phone offhook manually, or buy a Plantronics lifter. They don’t make the 500a any more but I think you can still find it around, maybe ebay. There are other choices but the problem these days is that the wireless headsets are all going digital so there are fewer bluetooth headset bases now to choose from.

For those of you that use the Phone Clip + routinely, may I ask what your recharging regimen is?

Mine has only run down/shut off one time, a day of heavy use, and went off in the evening. I turn it off and charge it every night, along with my smartphone.

Thanks for detailed review, especially the comments on sound quality when make phone call.

Don, I Ebay’ed a Plantronics. I cannot get it to work…
do you get it to sync up with the clip?
is there any magic to it?

I bought my Plantronics device used off of Amazon. I did not come with a needed 9 volt A/C adapter, so I bought one from the Plantronics website. For the A/C adapter, you need a 90 degree angle on the connector to the base - a straight connection sticks out beyond the bottom of the base of the Plantronics base unit.

I googled to find a .pdf user manual which was a huge help in getting it up and running. ( gives you the pairing instructions).

Yes, you have to pair the Phone Clip+ to the Plantronics base.

Here are the instructions, but remember wherever it says headset, you would use the Phone Clip+. You basically put both in pairing mode at the same time.

But, make sure every other bluetooth device in the area is off, like your phone, tablet, laptop, etc.

1. Place the charging base into pairing mode. To do so, press and hold the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons at the same time until the lights on the base unit starts flashing red and blue.
  2. Place the headset into pairing mode.
  3. The lights on the base unit and headset will continue to flash until they subscribe/pair to each other. Once they are paired, the talk/on line indicator light on the top of the base unit glows solid blue.