Review of Phone Clip +

Thanks for detailed review, especially the comments on sound quality when make phone call.

Don, I Ebay’ed a Plantronics. I cannot get it to work…
do you get it to sync up with the clip?
is there any magic to it?

I bought my Plantronics device used off of Amazon. I did not come with a needed 9 volt A/C adapter, so I bought one from the Plantronics website. For the A/C adapter, you need a 90 degree angle on the connector to the base - a straight connection sticks out beyond the bottom of the base of the Plantronics base unit.

I googled to find a .pdf user manual which was a huge help in getting it up and running. ( gives you the pairing instructions).

Yes, you have to pair the Phone Clip+ to the Plantronics base.

Here are the instructions, but remember wherever it says headset, you would use the Phone Clip+. You basically put both in pairing mode at the same time.

But, make sure every other bluetooth device in the area is off, like your phone, tablet, laptop, etc.

1. Place the charging base into pairing mode. To do so, press and hold the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons at the same time until the lights on the base unit starts flashing red and blue.
  2. Place the headset into pairing mode.
  3. The lights on the base unit and headset will continue to flash until they subscribe/pair to each other. Once they are paired, the talk/on line indicator light on the top of the base unit glows solid blue.

I agree with FrankS. I am a new hearing aid user, Kirkland 5s, and I got the Phone Clip+ to go with it. My work involves a fair bit of time on the phone from my home office, so I was eager to try the new technology. My experience was that the incoming sound was excellent. I liked hearing calls in both ears, clarity was good and volume was fine. On the other hand, my clients complained about the sound at their end. Comments included: too soft, muffled, and breaking up badly (with an excellent connection). Each time, switching back to my old Plantronics headset solved the problem. I worked with COSTCO staff to troubleshoot the problem, including a lengthy call to the manufacturer. After a few weeks, they offered a replacement, which I accepted. The sound was not improved. Last week, I returned the Phone Clip+ and received a refund. Doing business with COSTCO is such a pleasure. No hassles! If it’s not working for you, we’ll take it back.