Reverting back to tcoil after Bluetooth

Hi. Im struggling with phone. I cant hear. Bluetooth on my ks9 sucks. No one hears me. I sound far far away as soon as im in a
Bit noisy situation.

So tcoils.
1- i dont understand the programming required

The tcoils seem to be a program that could be automatic if i have a strong enough magnet. I intend on buying and sticking it on phone. Does that work.

I read here that streaming overrides tcoil. So i would need to disconnect Bluetooth phone and just leave it on streaming audio for music?

Would anyone explain and give opinion on tcoil.
Thanks

Of course you need to use the phone old school ie. up at your ear. Or more specifically for us
up at the aid. Kids these days seem to like to use the speakerphone or headphones.
Then you need to keep the angle right for the tcoil in the aid.
But it is quite remarkable how the sound just flows into both ears.

It can auto-trigger or you can go into the program and the magic happens.

1 Like

Marvel/ks9 don’t have the ability to automatically switch to tcoil.

Also, not sure how exactly would tcoil work with mobile phones, eg would the magnet be enough. Didn’t try.

But what marvel has and I assume ks9 as well is program acoustic phone, which is used in a way that you pull your phone over your ear so that mics on aids can hear the sound.
Another nice thing is that duo phone can be activated and you then hear it in both aids.

I think someone mentioned that there is no duo option for tcoil situation.

That’s true. There is no DuoPhone option on telecoil on the Marvel/KS9.

I find it better then Acoustic Phone DuoPhone as it’s not picking up background noise like the Acoustic Program does. (That’s when I wore 2 x HAs.)

I have the Oticon OPNS1 aids and I have Bluetooth and t-coils, now the use of t-coils for me is for when am at church. I have never use t-coils for phone calls. I have had the option n the past and found it less than useable.

Ok so based on what you guys say i should have both the acoustic and tcoil.
Options to have are
1-disable microphone on tcoil (if im on tcoil its noisy)
2-Enabled duo phone on accoustic phone program ( program to have in case i dont like tcoil)

Back in the “olden days” T coils were the only way to go. Used with wired to the wall telephones, they were an immense improvement over not having t-coil. They only worked on one ear at a time. I don’t know if any brand has duophone mode for t-coil. The Texas prison system kept an old style phone for me all the way up until I retired.

1 Like

What kind of phone? With an iPhone, and Bluetooth, people hear me just fine and I head them. All in my aids with my phone in my pocket. Or even in my pack when I am riding my bike.

Ks9. Nobody hears me. Especially if im biking. All they here is wind. If ots noisy they here the ppl and me in background. Sooooo. Im not on phone much. But when i am on phone its usually to call clinic, or i need to talk to my husband for grocery or whatever. Very short point of the matter subjects. So it does not matter to me to hold phone. Just need to hear.

I try hearing with no phone program but phone to ear. I have tried positioning to higher up so phone are near mic of hearing aids . Its horrible. I cant hear if there is noise and i am speaking direct in phone. They cant hear if there is noise and I’m using Bluetooth. :frowning:

Try decreasing your mic attenuation in your Bluetooth phone program. I run at -6 with good results.

I meant, what telephone are you using? iPhone? Android?

I’m using android motorola g5 :slight_smile: always android. Its rated t4m4

https://marvel-support.phonak.com/en/audeo-m/android/why-cant-person-hear-me-phonak-marvel-android-phone/

I need BT audio into both ears to hear on my phone. Disabling it so the other person can hear me isn’t a great option.

1 Like

“If you are in a very noisy environment, the own voice pickup through the hearing aids may be disturbed too much. In such a case, relocate to a calm environment or alternatively route the call to the phone and directly talk into the phone microphone normally.”

If im in a noisy space i caaaaaaant hear if i dont have Bluetooth lol.

I wonder how much of the problem is that the Phonak’s use the hearing aid microphone when on Bluetooth phone call. I have Resound with MFI (Made for Iphone) and have to use the PHONE for my voice, but streaming from phone to aids is WONDERFUL and I find MFI stays connected better than Phonak with Classic Bluetooth.

1 Like

@lsmith77025 its 100% of the problem. Because the aids are far from mouth when in noisy environments it picks up everything. My voice is dulled. I wish wish wish there was a way to choose to use phone mic. Nope. Its either hearing aid mic or loose the streaming.

I have an appointment on the 5 of November to change my aids for telecoil. I love my phonak too much to go with any other aids. Price, quality and options are astounding. So will stick with phonak and use tcoil as a program

1 Like

I totally agree on this. I’m not a fan of my Marvel but my friend has just got Oticon OPN and his connection is so much better and it’s so easy to understand him as well.

1 Like

@Zebras just shared this.

Even though phonak doesn’t have ability to send signal to both ears for telecoil phone calls, if you plug this into the phone, and tell the phone to split signal (on android there are apps for that, I tried ‘lesser audio switch’ and it works fine) and to send only audio there to tcoil and use phone mic, then you can then get call in both ears.

Edit:

Or something like this, ignore the ear piece, but neckloop has mic, no clue how good is it in noise.

1 Like

You may not want to hear this but not all phones are equal when it comes to audio devices like hearing aids. So don’t blame the HA. With your better phones like Pixel 3xl and Samsung galaxy s8+ conversations are much more understandable. My ha are phonak Naida V90.

Can you use the phone normally with your Naida V90?