ReSound One Hearing Aids Now Offer Hands-Free iPhone Streaming

It’s advertised now on the ReSound website along with a button labeled “See a Provider.”

https://www.resound.com/en-us/hearing-aids/resound-hearing-aids/resound-one#handsfree

1 Like

My audiologist told me it would be May 1st

I have an appt. to see my audi. tomorrow … as far as updates on my 1’s my app says my software is up to date… 4.19.1.1 and I live in Florida for some reason they have different versions in different areas???

My app says my current software version is 9.10.10 and that they are up to date

It may be referring to the software versiion of the app and not the hearing aids. Also, the hearing aid MIGHT haver both software and firmware although I’m only aware of hearing aids having firmware.

I just returned from my Audi. and had the firmware update and now have the hands free feature … I tested it out, just 1 short push on my program button and it answers the phone… I was 2 rooms away

4 Likes

I have my own Noah Link and have updated to SmartFit 1.13
I then updated the firmware on my Resound One HA’s to 9.60.10.
Can you check what settings your INPUT OPTIONS is set to in the ACCESSIBILITY SHORTCUT for MFI HEARING DEVICES?
I tested mine yesterday when it was set to AUTOMATIC and it did not work. I have now got it set to LEFT but have not had a chance to try it as yet.
Did you notice any other settings the Audi did for it to work?
Thanks

I forgot to add that my software version changed from 4.19.1.1 to 9.60.1.0

I opened accesibilty, I then opened hearing devices, MFI hearing Devices… this has a check in front of it and when I triple click my home button it shows input options automatic

I didn’t notice my Audi change anything else… I do know that to get it to work I had to delete my smart3d app on my I phone and then downloaded it again

1 Like

OK, it looks like it should work. I might start from scratch and delete my Smart3D app and forgot my HA’s and reconnect them and see if that works.

good luck… let me know… btw where is paradise lol

Paradise is the Gold Coast on the east coast of Australia. Unfortunately right now it is not much of a paradise as we have horrendous flooding along the East Coast of Australia at the moment…

Can’t say I entirely agree with your sentiments @jim_lewis, we all have our own personal preferences, I have mainly only ever used Oticon or Phonak, both are excellent manufacturers, both are exasperatingly expensive, I expect the other top end manufacturers are likewise…… But they have us over a barrel, especially if you are in the severe/profound threshold, they all make extortionate claims of the worthiness of their aids, as they preach to the gullible, hence this forum! We kind of sort the wheat from the chaff on here, or perhaps we take the manufacturers claims with a pinch of salt, then dissect them, and correct where applicable? I prefer Phonak, but I have great admiration for Oticon aids, they served me well over the years, I just prefer that Phonak sound, I don’t have a lot of time for the MyPhonak app, but it is usable…. As far as Phonak assistive listening devices goes, I had the Roger Pen 1.1 about, 2 years ago, it was that good, it got fired in the bin, it was just shy of useless :rofl: :upside_down_face: :joy: But Roger On, now that’s a different kettle of fish entirely, absolutely brilliant sound quality, and pristine clarity…. But you are 100% correct about Phonak’s cash cow, with assistive listening devices, they are extortionate, but what price do you put on hearing better? I have just recently acquired Roger On, mostly all 2nd hand from eBay, with all the other add ons, like Roger X receivers, but I recon, I got the lot for around half the retail cost, so I am delighted! There are alternatives to getting those Phonak ALD’s…. Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

And I say all hearing aids are great. We as individuals with individual hearing losses, individual environments to deal with and individual likes and dislikes should make our individual decisions based on our individual hearing needs.
I have been wearing Oticon for close to 12 years now and prefer the Oticon sound, I have tried most of the other name brand aids and even some of the aids that are off brands of the name brands. And nothing sounds to me as good as Oticon. With that said, I tell those that ask that they have to decide for themselves. I also feel this way find the aids that you can hear the best with on a “normal basis”. Meaning when you aren’t anchored to a phone, TV or whatever. Then look for what makes your aids better from there.

1 Like

Wow, Handsfree is working (and quite well).
Done with NoahLink and Smartfit 1.13 then updated firmware to 9.60.1.0.
Forgot HA’s from phone, rebooted phone.
Uninstalled and reinstalled Smart 3D.
Reconnected HA’s.

Working perfectly, answer with quick press and sound is great.

3 Likes

An important thing that I hope everyone upgrading to handsfree will report on is What Do Your Callers Think You Sound Like?!

2 Likes

So far I have had about 8 calls and nobody could tell any difference, so I give it a thumbs up.

1 Like

So I just updated. I have the jabras so anyone with those, this is to let you all know it works for that as well. Tested calling with my wife. In the car and outside - both are good but any wind causes problems. There doesn’t appear to be any wind noise suppression so that is a minor issue. Otherwise, I am happy…

1 Like

Dear AndyInParadise,
have you a ReSound with M&RIE? And this works fine?
I have a ReSound One without M&RIE and updated all. Firmware and Software. I can press a button when the call is come in. This works fine.
But when I talk nobody can hear me… I press three times at the side and choose “Left”. But nothing. What can I do?

And which version of Smart 3D you use? I have the 1.19.0

the software update that I have for hands free is 9.60.1.0 … also try deleting your 3d app and then d/l it again that is what I and Andy had to do

1 Like