Resound Omnia vs Phonak Lumity

@Sequoia_Woman I like the stick Cerustop better. I wasn’t a fan of the disc.

3 Likes

Thanks JordanK!
Great idea

DaveL
Mississauga

1 Like

This is what you can see with the ear cleaning camera. I won’t show you the “before” picture because it was gross. Here is my clean ear. Bear in mind every time you put on your hearing aids you are pushing any wax in the canal towards your ear drum and eventually it does get partially blocked.

Sorry to go a bit off topic…

Jordan

5 Likes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ear-Wax-Removal-Kit-Camera/dp/B0BLNP1MWB/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1QBN7WDRCN67B&keywords=ear%2Bcleaning%2Bcamera&qid=1678973358&sprefix=ear%2Bcleaning%2Bcamera%2Caps%2C84&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

1 Like

@Acker
No longer available, but thank you!

1 Like

Google Bebird R1 and see here:

Also scroll up in that thread. There are nice pictures.

1 Like

Amazon in the U.S. has something like that available. Only $27!?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KPSLPRW/

Ahhahahahaha. What a lie they told.

(These photos of eardrums are upside down.)

1 Like

Maybe the lens system in the video otoscope doesn’t correct for any image inversion (or nobody told the ad department which way was UP in the photos used for publicity). I would think image inversion on a smartphone screen while actually using such a device would be a RPITA! Maybe @JordanK can comment on whether he sees his ear canal the right way round with his device. Perhaps rotating the smartphone can sufficiently correct the right/left up/down orientation?

1 Like

The app has a button that lets you invert the image depending on what ear you are looking at. I’m an amateur ear explorer so hard to figure out what direction is up sometimes…haha.

Jordan

4 Likes

I’m late to this thread but my Quattros are over 4 years old and I’m starting to think about a replacement. I’m also a guitarist and prior to the Resounds my previous aids just didn’t cut it for music. My main issues with Quattros have been they haven’t been very useful in noisy environments and they break about twice a year (I think it’s moisture related). I love the rechargeable and I don’t stream much so never had an issue with battery life. Good to see your info on the music response and noise handling, I’ll need to see if I can try the Lumity

I’ve seen a number of comments here written by musicians. If I remember right, some of them like Oticon

I think that good hearing aid performance is assured by good setup, and the fitter’s skill. Your audiogram is very similar to mine. So I’d like to know what you choose, and how the new hearing aids work for you.

I have Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s. rechargeable batteries. I HATE the wax guards, and have real trouble changing them. When they’re not inserted right they affect how my hearing aids work.

I’ve read comments here that suggest the Lumity Hearing Aids work better than my Paradise HA’s in noisy environments. Sorry, I don’t have a link.

1 Like

Phonak new wax guards are so darn tiny! If they aren’t aligned properly in the HA receiver I swear they block sound. About a third of the time I find the wax guard is crooked when I change them next time.

I’m farsighted. Need correction for reading and astigmatism. Have nerve damage in my hands/wrists. And they want me to change these little pieces of >>>>? I used Phonaks with the old wax guards perfectly for over 18 years.

If anyone has a solution I’d really like to know! My alternative is Phonak audeo Paradise P90R’s without wax guards, but with domes.

@jonifoz I did ask my Audi about the different filters. He said that the cerustop (stick ones) aren’t compatible w/ Lumity. Guess they are working for you. I don’t like the disc ones. I think I’ll call Phonak Monday.

1 Like

@jonifoz , I just looked this up on internet w about cerustop wax guards. Just fyi
“ * Use the wax protection system and tools to clean away accumulated wax each day to ensure your hearing aids are always in optimal condition. Please Note: Please check compatibility with your hearing aid. Cerustop is not compatible with Phonak Marvel, Phonak Paradise, Phonak Lumity, Untron Blu and Unitron Discover hearing aids.”

If you have some custom cShells made, they use the old cerustop.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. The Cerustop were included with the package I got directly from Phonak when I got the aids. I DO have custom molds which Phonak made, perhaps that’s why the Cerustop fit mine.

2 Likes

I saw that, too, but not on a Phonak website.

1 Like

Ok. Good info. Glad it works. I hadn’t checked Phonak. My Audi does not like the disk filter. :woman_shrugging:.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’m in the UK, so hope it is okay to be on here. :slight_smile:

I’m in my mid 50’s…

Thanks to @JordanK for all his really useful updates regarding the Lumnity HA’s

I have Mid to Severe loss in my left ear and Severe loss in my right.

I am currently using Phonak Virto Venture 90 in the Canal aids, with a Compliot 2 to connect to Phone. (8 years old, and struggling to hear)

But now I am looking to upgrade and due to the fact that HA’s can now connect directly to your phone and other devices, in the Canal aids seem to have got a LOT bigger and noticeable so I thought I would switch to RIC’s as from the from the front you can hardly see them…

Well I have demoed (and returned Starkey Evolv AI, they are amazing ITE HA’s, the sound was out of this world, BUT considering they are MFI (have Iphone 14 Pro Max), they kept cutting out when listening to music, whilst the phone was in my trousers/shorts pocket, UNACCEPTABLE, gutted as sound quality was AMAZING)

Currently demoing Phonak (well Specsavers) Paradise equivalents ITE, not impressed to be fair. Also Demoing Resound Ominia (top one) (all top models BTW), RIC tbf I am not that impressed, the best thing about them is they are the MRIE’s, ie theres a mike in the ear, for the first time I can actually hear where sounds are coming from, very impressive, but I do not like that there is no auto setting (am I correct here? that is what my audio ologist told me)…

So now I have a pair of Phonak Lumnity Life’s on order RIC, with custom mould and UP.

So my first big question (and I am looking based on comments on this forum).

Are they waterproof or not? My audio ologist assured me that they were, that Phonak would not be adertising them as such on their web page if they are not. This is a really big draw for me as I do aqua aerobics and swimming and it would be great to hear what is being said in these sessions… In fact the guy on the You Tube videos (that people keep referring too on this thread) advised that people in his clinic swim in them…

Sorry I have more questions but need to do some work :slight_smile: