ReSound Multi-mic vs iPhone Live Stream

I can’t seem to find any discussion comparing ReSound Live Listen on an iPhone to the Multi-Mic. Is there one on here already? If not, I am trying to find a solution to better hear my daughter in the backseat when we are on long trips. I hate the sound quality of the Live Listen. Is the Multi-Mic basically the same or is it more truly acting a like an additional hearing aid mic? I’d love to hear pros and cons from anyone who has used both. I have the M&RIE Resound Ones (actually the Costco Jabra version from 3 years ago).

Thanks.

1 Like

To the best of my knowledge live listen is iOS not Resound. I use live listen a lot being bimodal. But then I’m profoundly deaf and my pitch discrimination is so far off perfect it’s not funny. So anything live listen streams to my ears, so long as I can hear and understand I’m ok with.

The multi mic has many more functions than just a microphone. As long as you can pair it to your iPhone it should be better IMO, even though I don’t use one.

1 Like

Live Listen is IOS, not ReSound. It doesn’t seem very discriminating, IMO. It amplifies both ambient noise and the sound I want to hear.

The Multi-mic is both a directional and omni-directional mic. It connects to T-coils. It allows me to hear sound from my computer if I connect with the right cable. It connects to my landline phone by cable. Some people use it for streaming TV sound to their ears (though I imagine Live Listen would be about as good).

A small point: I don’t pair the Multi-mic with my iphone. It’s paired with my HAs, and the HAs are paired with the phone.

ETA: I think you would want to give the multi-mic to your daughter as a unidirectional mic and raise the level of ambient sound (‘Surroundings’ in the app).

The problem for me is that one needs to use the multi-mic program to hear the multi-mic. You’ll hear your daughter much better, everything else is likely to sound worse.

I doubt that the multi-mic will work on anything but ReSound and its rebrands (Jabra, Beltone…).

is there any way at all to use the MultiMic with phonak hearing aids?

I have used the multi mic. It is perfect for the situation you described. It works less well in group conversations, restaurants and that sort of environment. It also can be very cheap on e bay, and it is simple to synch to your aids . I think e bay has them for $30 or so, you will need to provide the cord.

Maybe with a t-coil? Seems pretty convoluted.