Resound Linx

I think you’ll be happier with the Alta Pro plus Streamer Pro. The LiNX isn’t a true hands-free solution because the phone needs to be nearby in order for the microphone to pick up your voice. To answer your questions, LiNX can be paired to 5 Apple devices, but you can only connect to one of them at a time. There’s minimal effect on the iPhone’s battery life when streaming, but a significant drain on the hearing aid batteries. You can make and take calls while the phone is charging. LiNX is ReSound’s most advanced hearing aid, but only you can decide if it works better for you than Agil. Oticon will be releasing their ConnectLine App for iPhone very shortly. It operates in conjunction with the Streamer Pro to let you adjust volume and change programs from the phone.

Hello Experts,

A newbie and first time HA user. About to finalise the Linx 9. Have a couple of queries I could use assistance on much:

1. Phone Clip+ Accessory compatibility with the Linx 9: I am a little worried about only being able to transmit audio through the iPhone. I would prefer to use the Phone Clip+, not sure if it is compatible with the Linx too or only earlier non iPhone models of HA. Can this be done?
  2. Linx 9 & Phone Clip+ pairing with Windows PCs: I have to take a lot of daily calls using IM software. Unsure if I can get the incoming audio on my HA and the outgoing through the Phone Clip+. Can this be done?
  3. Remote Control 2 accessory compatibility with the Linx 9: I would like to have the remote control accessory as a backup to controlling the HA when the iPhone may not be accessible or out of charge on a long trip. Can this be done?

TIA

The Phone Clip+ and Remote Control 2 are both compatible with LiNX. But it sounds like you want to use the PC+ for everything, so I’m not sure how much value you’ll get from the LiNX/iPhone connection.

Does anyone know when/if Costco will carry Resound LiNX? Thanks.

I was told and would expect first quarter 2015.

Just purchased LINX9. My first hearing aids. Paired successfully to iPAD (whilst waiting for an iPhone). Pairing dropped the right ear device after 2 hours and unable to get iPAD to repair the pairing. Other than that they seem to work. Restoring the pairing in work in progress.

Can somebody please write up about the equalizer adjustment feature in the app? Exactly how many bands can you adjust? Do you have to redo the adjustment after replacing the batteries for the aids? are there any other nuances regarding this feature?

Also please write about how the aid performed in a noisy environment, like a restaurant. Does using the iphone as a remote mic even worth bothering with? Does the person you are talking to have to speak into your phone like he or she is calling you?

The adjustment is a simple two-band bass/treble adjustment. Folks tell me the remote mic function is effective in restaurants when the iPhone is on the table below the speaker of interest.

thanks for the info.

The treble adjustment is ground breaking for the hearing aid world but the fact that you can only adjust 2 bands makes it almost useless. I don’t believe I have ever heard of any equalizer in the history of mankind ever having just 2 bands. hopefully resound will make an advance version of this feature with more bands. but I would not be surprise if they make adding adjustable bands a premium feature for future models.

Really?

Bass and Treble controls have been around for many decades.

Here’s a picture of my first stereo amplifier. My dad built it for me in 1970…

Here’s a receiver you can buy today brand new…

I am seriously considering getting the LiNX system. However, I would have to use an iPod Touch rather than an iPhone. I will not go near a device the stores all my personal information and purports to be a telephone! I have a simple stupid cellular phone for that. So I am wondering if the LiNX can be controlled by an iPod Touch (5G) or an iPad (4G).

Anybody?

Gramps,

According to thelinx site it should work with the ipod.

Hope that helps.

Marc

There is no risk of someone dialing your phone number and downloading your information. There is a slight risk in being connected to the Internet (but still not likely).

The Linx will work with the following:

iPhone 5,5s,5c
iPod touch 5th generation
iPad 4th generation
iPad air
iPad mini with or without retina display

Great! Thank you all. Now if I can just persuade my audiologist to jump aboard the Resound line. He does carry Beltone so I would guess the Resound LiNX would not be a hard next step. And he does have an iPhone himself so I would guess that it would not be a particularly hard sell.

If your audi is a Beltone dispenser, he’s required to dispense Beltone and only Beltone. It’s part of the business agreement. Fortunately for you, the Beltone First is essentially the same device as the ReSound LiNX.

I’ve ordered a pair of LiNX 961’s with three accessories (TV Streamer 2, Mini-Microphone, Phone Clip+), and will begin a three-week trial after the fitting appt, day after tomorrow. I replaced my old iPhone 3 with a 5S the other day as well, just to be compatible with the LiNX.

Fingers crossed!

Fascinating! Starkey Halo, ReSound Linx, and now Beltone First. Might become a stampede, all trying to ride on Apple’s market charisma. Are there any more? Could they be using the same DSP chip/design?

EDIT: IMHO, this (Apple) streamer protocol could very likely become a defacto standard that could lead to lower priced third party generic streamer products that work with all/most HA brands.

Thank you for very much for your recommendation Rasmus.
I got a Streamer Pro 1.2 late last week. I have had it a week now, and my initial reaction is that everything is excellent.
When the Phone rings from my handbag, desk, or coffee table, I easily hear it ringing in my hearing aids.
I have the choice of answering the call with my Streamer or with my iPhone, and if I answer with the iPhone I can choose to use the phone as a normal hearing person would, use speaker phone on the iPhone, or connect via Bluetooth to the hearing aids. This is fabulous when driving, or tonight talking to Mum and Dad whilst I prepared dinner. It is so good to have the hands free facility. Being able to answer the phone without picking up the phone is great.
It is also great to be able to be able to be paired to multiple devices simultaneously. Otherwise - how would I hear my second phone ringing especially when connected to my TV or tablet and skyping!
Battery life is good. Today when driving to work, my iPhone told me my Streamer battery was low! I’d forgotten to charge it last night. That was a nice surprise to get that warning.
I was at a pub in the weekend, and was having difficulty hearing, and it was great to be able to use then iPhone to adjust the volume - so discreet.
The truely great part is my audiologist told me I didn’t need to upgrade my hearing aids to get this functionality - that it works with my Agils (or any of my older Oticon hearing aids with wireless inside) which I am understandably very happy about.
I’ll let you knw if I discover anything else newsworthy.

For all those who want to know the compatibility of iPhone with links can check the Resound Linx below from Apple website.

It works well with 4S and above.