Resound Linx

You can use the 4S but it will have limited features.
Charlie

Hi All,
As a quick update on my new Linx. Picked it up last Thursday so I have had it a full week. Since this is my first HA I can’t tell you how it compares to other aids out there. What I can tell you is that I am very impressed overall. My IPhone is a 4 and you have limited use of some of the techie features so I can’t really comment on that. The phone exceeds my expectations. I was concerned about realistic sound and I am more than pleased with that. First set of batteries lasted 7 days which is what my audi. said it should be. The phone seems to adjust well to different environments. I have used the phone at home, watching TV, church, fairly loud restaurants, listening to music and in the wind. The only use that was less than expected was in the wind. Do have some wind noise but don’t know how it compares to other aids.

Since I have no other HA experience I probably didn’t help y’all very much but I did want to tell you what I did like about the aids.

Good luck with your searches.

Charlie

You can’t do this because Apple considers ringtone to be a notification. It’s not “audio” so you won’t be able to stream it to the aids.

Hi Cicada,

I am looking for my first hearing aids and exploring between siemens 7mi and Resound linx 9.
Please update your experience of resound linx.
That would be of great help.

Hi All,

One doubt is being raised in multiple threads but with no final conclusion.

While using Resound Linx with Iphone during a call, will the users voice be picked up by HA mic or by phone mic.
As per information available on internet, user can listen in both ears but has to speak in the phone. That will be very uncomfortable.

Can some one from existing users confirm that.

regards
Amit

Thanks for the information. Very helpful. Now I just need to figure out why I am not getting the HA beeps as it connects to start streaming my call.

Thanks. That will do until a new iPhone comes out (whenever that will be).

You must speak into the iPhone’s microphone during a call in order for the other party to hear you. For hands-free operation, you can use the ReSound Phone Clip+ accessory.

Hello,

So with phone clip +, does the mic in phone clip + picks up voice or HA mic does.
Because if phone clip, picks up, it should be held somewhere in upper half of body and can have rubbing sounds with clothes being heard on other side.

I have the CUE system in my car that enables me to wirelessly play my music from my iPhone through the car speakers. Love this feature, since I no longer have to fiddle with a USB chord.

I wonder how the ReSound or Beltone aids will handle this. Will it stream the music through the aids or not? It might make conversation in the car difficult if the music is streaming through the aids.

If anyone has CUE in their vehicle (and these aids), I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Not a deal breaker, of course. I intend to get the aids anyway sooner or later.

boisedoc,
You stated: “cicada-- I read your post, very informative-- Unfortunately I don’t seem to get beeps before the HA’s pick up a call so I have been caught waiting for the connection and the person was already there. I will try and assess again.”

I have had a bit of a problem with the iPhone connecting to the aids also. You mention that you don’t hear the beeps before the aids pick up a call. It isn’t really a beep or a tone that I hear, as when you switch modes or when the aids turn on. It is more a static pop or click sound connection I hear in one ear as the iPhone connects and then the other ear comes online. Sometimes I notice that only 1 aid connects, then a few seconds later, (maybe 2 or 3), the other aid “pops” and then both are syncronized. My biggest problem so far has been that when I answer the call, the iPhone somehow seems to default back to the iPhone and I have to change the audio back to the aids for a clearer sound. I can use the iPhone for sound also but it would be nice if the call always defaulted to the aids. I have an appointment for an adjustment today and will report back after that adjustment as my “All Around” program is not as good at picking up those nasty “ssss” sounds as the “Restuarant” program is. I have been using the “Restaurant” program in meetings, and in the car or walking on the streets. I tried the built in “Live Listen” in the Hearing Aids section of the Settings>Accessibility>Hearing Aids> on the iPhone during a large meeting and it did not pick up near as well as the “Restaurant” mode did. I believe this is for one on one talking in extremely loud environments and you would give the iPhone to the person talking so it streams directly to the aids for better hearing.
amit91178 ,
An update for you and the others.
I am extremely pleased with the ReSound Linx 961s I have. The sound is the best I have had, even beating the Phonak Exelias hands down for natural sound on that. I like having the Smart App and have used it quite a bit to change between modes mostly. I have not saved any locations with my adjusted settings into the program yet, but plan to after my adjustments today. I believe my audiologist had the sound set at the right level at first but backed it off a bit as she was afraid it would initially be too loud for me. She asked me to try not to adjust the volume the 1st 2 weeks but by the beginning of the 2nd week I did raise the volume on my left (worst) ear a bit and added a bit more bass. This has helped.
In “All Around” mode, I hear too much road and wind noise in the car driving. I have been having to switch to “Restaurant” mode when this happens. The road and wind wind noise get a bit louder when I do that but the voices in the car are louder and sharper. I can hear the person talking in the car better. I’ll have the audi adjust the “All Around” mode today to bring some wind and road noise down a bit and the voices up a bit. All in all, I would say that I am very happy with the aids and iPhone functionality. The minor annoyances I mentioned, are no deal breakers at all. I will check into the iPhone 5S not defaulting to the aids in phone mode all the time with my audiologist today and see if that is something I am causing. I am learning to deal with the 2-3 second delay after swiping to answer the phone and just wait until I hear the static pop or just count to myself 1001, 1002 1003 then start talking.
One other thing, the little plastic tail that helps hold the aids in the ear is driving me crazy. This thing is always on the BTE aids and I don’t have custon molds so in the past I have always cut these things off as I believe they are there just to drive me crazy and make my ear itch. My audi says they are needed to keep the aids in the ear as this is the 1st pair of aids I have had that have the speaker in the canal, I don’t know if she just thinks it is easier to loose the aids if the tail isn’t there or what. I will probably ask to have them cut off today or I will do it. I have long ear canals and tend to need the ear piece deeper in the canal than usual so I will also ask for longer plastic tubes today. I don’t know if other people have this problem or not but I just can’t deal with the aids just being barely inside the canal. It seems the spekers tend to twist to the side and rub up against the side of my canal and is muffling the sound coming out of the aids. I can get that taken care of today but may take some persuading on my part.

Cicada,

Thanks for the update. I am now on my second week of using the 761 Linx and have grown quite fond of these devices. I agree that there is a delay but I am working through that with little issues. When I receive a call and the HA’s are on my default is the HA’s. The one issue that I have experienced is that I have multiple iOS devices connected to the HA’s and when i move from my iPhone to iPad sometimes the devices switch as well if I start streaming video. No a bad thing, actually I think functioning properly but it is bad when you are on a call and want to use the iPad as the secondary device. I have gone to the gym with them and have had no issues listening to music or listening to a book. Since I am rather new to HA’s in general I don’t know how to assess the different mode issue. I currently use the all round mode daily but when I switch to restaurant mode is seems as if its is picking my more background noise as opposed to the voice(s) I want to listen to. Perhaps that is functioning properly but I have tested it with the devices off and it seems as if I can hear better. Perhaps it is just around adaptation. I have noticed a significant battery drain and even more so when using the location function of the app. I am not real concerned with that as I frequently have access to an outlet.

I look forward to hearing more of your experiences.

Marc

cicada,

Thanks for the update.
If I answer the call a bit late after 3-4 seconds, does it help.
I mean to say does phone automatically switches to HA mode when call comes.

After talking with the audi yesterday and then she calling ReSound, we have determined that the iPhone not ringing in the aids and not receiving a tone when the iPhone connects to the aids for a call is an Apple problem and will need to be an Apple solution. I gave feedback to the ReSound rep and explained that if my phone is lieing on the table in another room and the TV is on or music, I don’t hear it ring and can’t answer it. They will have to work with Apple to get an update so that maybe we can get the rings in the aids and a tone when the call is connected. Everyone that has the Linx should complain to the Audiologist so that they complain to Apple and we can then get this fixed. The iPhone connection will stay connected for approximately 25-30 feet. I tested this yesterday by leaving my iPhone on the desk with music streaming from iTunes and walking down the hall. It disconnected about 30 feet away. When I walked back toward my desk, the iPhone re-connected when I reached about 20-25 feet.

Hearing aids have finally entered the 21st century. We have been enjoying our Beta testing, post-release bugs, and firmware updates in other sectors for years - it’s about time hearing aids joined the fun!

This isn’t an Apple problem, nor is it something they can fix. It’s a limitation of the Bluetooth Smart platform involving timing and processing latency. So the behavior will be common to all MFi hearing aids.

Interesting - 35 posts on Resound Linx and no one mentions price? Seems rather odd that there’s so many posts, yet no one comes forward and tell us what he or she paid for Resound Linx. Sometimes you have to wonder if half the posts here are from HA dealers or people with lots of cash???

Craig,

I guess I understand your comment. I for one am not a dealer. My profession is a family physician who is now the CIO of a large health system in Boise, Idaho. My reason for not mentioning price was because I was originally recommended verso 7’s and paid for them but within 4 months of usage the Linx came out. I asked if I can just swap them out and try them out so I unfortunately I don’t have a price to offer as I received them in exchange.

Marc

Pricing varies according to the vendor. I have seen the Linx 9 for as low as $4,500 a pair at the truhearing website and as high as $6,000 from most HA dispensers. I tried them for a week and have an appointment next week to purchase them from my audiologist who is charging me $5,100. Some things to keep in mind. At truhearing you must have insurance (health, dental, vision, prescription) from one of the companies they work with. The price includes three follow up appointments. After that you pay $35 to $65 for follow ups plus the cost of supplies (domes / wax guards). At the other end of the price spectrum the audiologist I have used will cover follow ups and supplies for the life of the hearing aid.

I am considering the new Resound Linx and have some questions:

I have 2 iPhones. One for work and one for personal use. Will both work with the Resound Linx hearing aids, or will I need to choose one over the other?

My job involves me being on the road and on the phone most of the day. My Oticon streamer is hands free. Is the Linx hands free in terms of answering a call, last number redial, and speaking? How does the Resound Linx affect the battery life in the iPhone and how does the iPhone affect the battery life in the hearing aids? What happens when one’s phone is being charged? Can you still take calls?

I currently use Agil Pro. How advanced is the Resound Linx in terms of signal processing. Will I hear as well in background noise as I do with my Agils.

I could also upgrade to the new Oticon Alta and I understand Oticon has a new Streamer which is compatible with iPhones. Does anyone have any experience with this solution?

Thank you for your advice.