Resound and Cochlear Bluetooth

I am a new 3 months cochlear implant recipient. I have a question concerning resound and cochlear. I bought the resound Omnia 9 hearing aid because of compatibility with Cochlear Nucleus 8. My problem is the resound loses connection with Bluetooth and the only way I know is if I receive a phone call and only hear through n8 and not hearing aid. My skill’s understanding processor only phone calls is not very good. I have been in contact with just about everyone at Cochlear and no resolution. I can get the Omnia to reconnect turning it off and on. It does not happen all the time but happens several times a day. Has anyone else experienced ?

@ssa has this set up I believe?

@user1181 I have the similar setup just a different hearing aid. Your hearing aid needs to be “linked” to your phone and your N8 on the CI Aud computer. If they are not linked the hearing aid won’t stream, it just drops out. Once all your devices have been linked then all 3 paired you will be good to go…
Sadly it’s a 2 step process and one you can’t successfully do yourself. So speak to your CI aud and get them to link your devices. Good luck.

2 Likes

Audiologist has linked all both times. Cochlear is sending a new N8. I think they a scratching their head. No one understands why it drops. It is just frustrating answering a call when it has dropped and not understanding the person.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
Do you have the Nucleus Smart App on your phone?
Does it show the aid and processer when this problem happens?

Are you using an iphone?
Android is fine minus the bimodal synchronization issue where one system gets it first then the other one…

I have an iPhone 13. No it does show both devices in settings. Cochlear has been trying to address this but no luck yet. I guess the reason why I posted on this forum was to get ideas and maybe someone else who was able to resolve. I have had the Resound app on my phone but it does not connect with Nucleus 8. Cochlear wanted me to delete. I even tried to put the combination on my wife phone to rule out phone, yes I did turn off Bluetooth on my phone and both processor and hearing aid would not show up in settings.

1 Like

Could you give us a screenshot of your Nucleus Smart App.

When the aid and processer are set up right you don’t need the Resound app. at all. A buddy of mine has the Omnia and the N7 with a pretty new iPhone.

This video might help.
Good luck with this.

I forgot to answer one other question. No when Bluetooth drops it does not show in app. The only way to get it to show in app is to turn the Resound off and on.

What app are you talking about?
Thanks

Nucleus Smart App.

:slight_smile:

Are you the OP?
Have I missed something?

The OP has not been clear. I am trying to get clarity.

Correct, there are 2 apps on my phone. Nucleus Smart and resound smart 3d app, The smart 3d have firmware update and remote programming. the nucleus app just have controls for bimodal folks

1 Like

Is the Resound app needed?
My bimodal friend has the Resound app on his iphone but he told me it’s not used.
Correct me if I am wrong. I am just trying to help the OP.

1 Like

Good question, It is needed if you want to use the firmware update feature but other than that most function are integrated into the nucleus smart app. The 2 apps can coexist on same device

2 Likes

Thanks, appreciate your clarity on this.

New CI users as well as those with years of CI experience can get confused including me.

The procedure to pair and link hearing devices can get intimidating sometimes.

Now I still wonder if the OP has been helped.

1 Like

I don’t think the processor id and hearing aid id is written to both of them to link them via the custom sound pro software. This is required for MFI bimodal pairing. I really don’t think the audiologist understand the problem or what to do to fix this or link them in the software… There should be no reason why it is not linked if the audiologist know how to pair them.
Here is the PDF to the bimodal fitting guide Cochlear/resound bimodal fitting guide

3 Likes

I would like to ask a question about the linking process. Would I still be able hear from both the N8 and Resound Omnia 9 if they are not linked correctly ? I received the new processor and it appears to be having the same issue. If the hearing aid drop Bluetooth I can only hear from one device. My audiologist admitted to knowing a lot about Bluetooth dropping. I would have thought Cochlear would have though.

1 Like

No. My understanding is only one hearing app can function at once. This is streaming.

You can use them separately to hear normal though. Just streaming is the properly linked/paired criteria.

Ssa has the same equipment as you. His attachments and also the video I attached should help you get your iPhone set up right with the Omnia and N8.

2 Likes