Redux Home Dryer

Edit: see my response later on in the thread. This was an earlier version, there is a new version supported by the app.

----original comment----
It has Bluetooth. I downloaded the app and it connects. Then it says “the home version is not supported.” I tried because Dr. Cliff got his to connect and said it was supported. They just crippled our consumer version while sending Cliff an non-crippled version.

2 Likes

Interesting. See what Redux support has to say. I check and have the same issue so let us know what you learn.

1 Like

edit: see my response later on in the thread. there is a new version that supports the app.

----original message—
I emailed customer support tonight. I suspect the app has it disabled, and they could easily enable it with an update. However, their website states it is not supported. I think they are worried about distinguishing it from their Pro-Link version. But then, why put Bluetooth in this unit?

Correction: the website no longer says Bluetooth is not supported, it just doesn’t mention it at all. Maybe a change is in store. I hope it’s an app side change and that us early adopters aren’t screwed.

1 Like

Cliff is using the app on a tablet so there could be an app update coming and Redux advised him ahead of time as to which tablet and app version to use. Hopefully they are just behind on the iOS app update.

Thank you for reaching out. Your Redux HOME doesn’t have the updated hardware to support data through the App. This feature was just released. Would you please provide the HMRT number from the bottom of your unit along with the date and where you purchased your unit so I can see what options are available?

We appreciate you!

1 Like

Sounds like they may do a warranty replacement. Also sounds like buyers can’t know what hardware they are going to get. Cliff should consider adding an asterisks to his review. Keep us posted.

1 Like

Wow, an expensive new technology with issues and no real way to tell if it’s working. I won’t be signing up.
Look, a dessicant jar, or any number of low heat home dryers work fine. No computer interface, easy peasy, effective. cheap.

Here’s Dr. Cliff: skip to near the end if you want results.

1 Like

They are a sending me a free swappable upgrade, likely because I purchased this literally days prior to the Bluetooth functionality being released.

3 Likes

Let us know how you find the feature since it appears you and Cliff might be only ones to see it in operation. They seem to have sent Cliff a unit that is not yet available to the public.

Here’s what Redux has to say and is offering for now:

These new features require significant hardware changes; therefore, we’ve developed the following policy to do our best to take care of recent and past orders to the best of our ability:

• Any purchases made prior to 6/1/2024 or through your hearing care professional are eligible to upgrade for $200.
    • Please understand that we are not making money on this transaction. We will dispose of the returned unit and provide a brand-new unit, plus incur two-way shipping.

But also:

We haven’t shipped any of the new units yet. Bluetooth providing a moisture removal range is the only improvement.

Yeah they’re a small company. I’m sure the home units will take a while to see for a profit. I actually offered to purchase the old unit at a discount (thinking $200) as a spare if they’re just going to toss it. Haven’t heard back from them yet though.

That option could work well for some who may have a use for a second unit or don’t want excess e-waste. Perhaps they won’t even want $200 if it’s just going to cost them to dispose of it.

they weren’t willing to do that at it wasn’t part of their model. That’s fine. Hope they don’t junk it.

Got the upgrade today. First thing I did was do my Signia active pros that I wear to bed every night. More than 5ul removed! (I don’t regularly dry those.)

Not the Redux drier, but I recently saw a recommendation for this one, but I guess at this price it probably doesn’t really do the job. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096BMPS64/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=AYSGXV7QRGP7K&psc=1

I use this device (Lux drier) daily. After 2 weeks the redux got 2-5 ul out. So it definitely does some good

1 Like

I have it and I don’t have a way to tell if it does the job or not but it was recommended by many people in this forum.

And, by the way, a popular opinion is that rechargeable hearing aids don’t even need dehumidifiers as the heating generated by the recharging process should do the work…

1 Like

If you increase the frequency of use of the Redux does it report it extracts less? Perfect Dry Lux isn’t doing as thorough a job, at least based on this data.

Does a dry cycle take about 150 minutes irrespective of the amount of moisture removed?

I haven’t had it too long. Averages around 120 minutes.

If any Samsung users want to try Voice Focus and report back that would be helpful (I have a Samsung S23+). I don’t have Phonak HA’s yet so I can’t really try it.

1 You must be on an active call
2 Swipe down from top
3 Swipe down from top (second time)
4 At the very top of the next screen you will see “Mic mode” with two selections; standard & voice focus
5 Select voice focus

1 Like

Well, It’s been hot here in Iowa, and my daily wear Phonak P70 13T right hearing aid, was acting janky. I’ve been sweating a lot for sure. I’ve been drying it every night with the Lux, and then today, I dried it again for a Lux full cycle with no help. I put it in the Redux, and it dried for 201 minutes and reported > 5 uL water removed. The hearing aid works perfectly now. I say money well spent.

5 Likes