Rechargeable batteries for hearing aids

Hello :slight_smile:

I have interesting information regarding rechargeable batteries to hearing aids like p13, p312
Recently there have been developed new rechargeable batteries to hearing aids, so that one can constantly use only 4 rechargeable hearing aid batteries, like MeloSound or PowerOne and recharge them overnight every once per several weeks. And there is no need to buy anymore those traditional, non-rechargeable, dispensable batteries and dispose them to trash all the time which can be quite harmful for natural environment, not eco-friendly
So there can be a lot of money saving when using these rechargeable batteries for hearing aids and there is benefit for the natural environment, it’s more eco-friendly this way. I really, wholeheartedly recommend using these rechargeable batteries to hearing aids

Below I attach photos of my usage of 4 rechargeable batteries to hearing aids and their MeloSound charger, it’s a very interesting equipment
these rechargeable batteries last several weeks on one charging, with my level of usage. They last a bit shorter on one charge than traditional, conventional one-time batteries but it’s still more profitable
At one time I use 2 rechargeable batteries in my hearing aids and I always carry in my backpack another 2 recharged batteries in small, special Rayovac cache, visible in photos below
When one of my rechargeable batteries deplete then I change it with recharged from this Rayovac cache and when I return home then I insert depleted rechargeable battery into MeloSound charger for charging overnight, actually it doesn’t require much time for charging, around several hours, perhaps even less.

below there should be 5 photos of these rechargeable batteries to hearing aids and their charger from MeloSound + Rayovac cache

3 Likes

Below I attach some links that I managed to find for these rechargeable batteries to hearing aids

Interesting company which sells equipment to hearing aids including rechargeable batteries to hearing aids

rechargeable batteries PowerOne p13 1.2V

Power One chargers
https://www.amazon.com/PowerOne-Hearing-Rechargeable-Battery-Batteries/dp/B08JCYNKM3

1 Like

Glad they are working for you. My experience with Nickel Metal Hydride batteries in other applications has been less than stellar. Hopefully better in this application. The Amazon link freezes.

That’s what I had read here and in online searches. I am intrigued with the concept of rechargeable SMALL batteries that last for several days on a single charge. I actually thought some of those battery makers had gone belly-up?

In any case, my audi’s clinic doesn’t sell any HA brands that work with that kind of battery.

We discussed PowerOne ACCU plus batteries in this thread

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/t/conversion-to-rechargeable/73993

Consensus is that their expected runtime is too short to be of any real use.

I’m sure “John” is a shill for Melosound.

The spec sheet on their website states the 312 battery life is 15 hours. Far from “weeks”.

And John, thanks for the info. I would be interested, but give us some real world expectations and not “weeks”. And please it’s actually helpful to know you work for Melosound.

1 Like

I wish they had worked for me. I really tried. But some of the rechargeables did not make firm contact with the battery connection in my hearing aid. Nor did they do so in the charger. I had to give up after buying a couple sets of the expensive rechargeables, due to insufficient reliability. Would you consider changing your approach from castigating those of us who don’t use these to giving me guidance on how I could? I’d like to solve the problem with these batteries, but have been unable to so far.