Receiving phone calls through hearing aid and speakerphone at same time

I have a Resound Quattro and an iPhone SE 2020. I would like phone calls to both ring in my ear and thru speakerphone at the same time.
I take my aid out while washing my hair, working outside, swimming, etc and I miss calls because they are going to my hearing aid only. I know I could turn off my hearing aid (I just have one) but some days I take my aids out multiple times during the day.
Is it possible to have both speakerphone and hearing aid at same time?

As far as I know, there’s no way to have it go to both at the same time, but the solution to your problem is right in front of you.

As soon as you answer the incoming call, you’ll see a button marked “audio”. Tap that button and then tap “speaker”. It only takes a second or two and the caller can hear you the whole time.

1 Like

Yes, I know the buttons but when the call goes to my hearing aid (which is not in my ear), I don’t hear it ring so don’t even know there’s a incoming call.

I personally would turn off your HA while it’s not in your ear. Then your phone would use the speaker as you want. Simple?

2 Likes

Yes, I know I can do that. But since I swim daily and do a lot of outdoor work in extreme (at times) heat, I was hoping I could avoid so many times turning my aid off. I keep my aid in the charger (which turns it on until charged) when not in my ear.
I had a previous phone prior to the hearing aid that I paired with a Blutooth earpiece and I was able to have it ring to both speakerphone and the earpiece simultaneously so it must be possible.

If aid isn’t in your ear, what’s the purpose of it being turned on?

Difference might be that your BT headset probably implements BT classic, and then your wish worked. Your resounds are using MFI flavour of BT, so my guess is that’s where the issue lies.

If there’s any option to do what you want, look at your phone settings or additional app (maybe some automation app), but don’t raise much hope, it could be a MFI feature.

I am not a Resound user but my reading of the user manual suggests that the hearing aids are turned off when they are in the charger. The Status LEDs might be on but the hearing aid circuitry is off. If the hearing aid is off then the phone should default back to the speakers on the phone. Is there some third device in play here—beyond the hearing aids and the phone?`

OK. Now I think I understand. I thought you meant the call itself, instead of just the ringtone.

Try this: Under SETTINGS > ACESSIBILITY > HEARING DEVICES, turn off “Play Ringtones”. This is the way I have my iPhone XS set up, and my phone always rings.

First, my aids do not connect to my phone.
I wear a Galaxy Fit.
It is paired with my phone.
Pixel 3a.
I use Aftershokz headphones.
When the headphones are paired my phone does not ring. It rings my head phones and vibrates my Galaxy band at the same time. The band tells me who is calling by name if they are in my contacts.
If they are not in my contacts they give just a number.
I can recheck the call from the band.
So as long as you have the band it should let you know when you have a call wether you have the aids in are not.
You can use the band when swimming.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. Wearing a headphone and belt probably works better for a guy than a gal but I’ll look into this. May work for specific situations.
And thanks to others who have responded. I appreciate the generosity of those who shared their knowledge.
I am going to my audiologist next week for a hearing test and I have several questions to ask. After that, I’ll make a decision on which way is best for my situation.
If anybody has any other suggestions, I’m open to hearing them.
Best Wishes and Happy Holidays to all!