Real advances?

I have Oticon More 1 miniRITE hearing aids. They are about 3 years old. I’m curious if there have been any “real” advances in being able to hear in noisy rooms in the last 3 years.

It all depends on a few things. Do you wear open domes or have ear molds with large vents? The other thing is how will your audiologist is at fitting your aids. I have worn the More aids and they served me well. I have the Real1 aids as my backup aids now and they are good. But my primary aids are the INTENT1 aids and they are great. But no aids are any better than the one fitting them, and a lot has to do with domes or custom ear molds.

2 Likes

I can’t emphasis enough that best fit is better than best audio. If they are not comfortable and you don’t wear them then they are no good.

1 Like

Yes, possibly. The recently released Phonak Sphere does AI-based speech separation in loud noise. That’s their claim and we’re seeing enough user reviews now to indicate that it might not be bs. Simple question. There’s your simple answer.

2 Likes

You can always go to Costco and trial one of their hearing aids if there is a store close by. I would try the Rextons first.

If you haven’t had hearing test in the past 3 years and if your hearing abilities have deteriorated, you’re likely to get improved hearing from your current aids if they adjust to fit your new audiogram.

2 Likes