Question about flexconnects

Hello. I need some flexconnects for my Sonic Cheer miniRITEs, And after reseaching I found a post from pvc that has a link to thehearingclub. But I wanted to make sure before ordering, are these flex strips the same as flexconnect from sonic? The sonic ones seem to be 3 connectors, and I have read that there are also som flex strips that are four connectors. The webpage does not specify how many connectors nor what aids they are compatible with. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the link to the strips:
https://www.thehearingclub.com/Programming-Adapter-choose-size-10-312-13-or-FLEX-STRIPS-Comes-with-two-adapters_p_285.html

THC flex strips and THC programming pills are together on the same webpage and it is difficult to choose/determine which you are buying?? Look at this post and;

• Don’t click anything shown in Red
  • Do click the Green items if you want Flex Strips

Yes. The green arrow shows the ones I am looking at. So these will be the 3 pin flexconnects that sonic documentation has as part number: 390-01-180-05? in this document: https://wdh02.azureedge.net/-/media/sonic/main/download-center-files/uk-materials/207747_bs_tk_overview_programming_cables_and_adapters_210x148_var.pdf?la=en&rev=C427

Yes, it’s the 3-conductor Flex Strip. Here’s a Link to a picture of the 3-conductor Flex Strip.

Excellent. Thanks so much for your posts. I have read a lot of them and they have been really helpful.

Hello everyone, I’m wondering if anyone can help me make an adapter like this:
https://forum.hearingtracker.com/uploads/default/original/2X/c/c7846fe332987cea3b1db121e81991a7b3f7a032.jpeg
and it is a FlexConnect (390-01-180-05) or FlexConnect mini (117468) adapter. I have all the necessary cables: CS44 and more broken 312 Programming Adapters that I would use to connect to CS44. I have everything else I need for soldering. I just need to know which pins on CS44 I use to connect a 3-conductor Flex … Thanks!

Assuming you are asking a question about whether this is a Flex Strip or Flex Connect Mini? It is a Flex Strip. The Flex Connect Mini with a skinny neck won’t work. Your question wasn’t exactly clear since you typed “it is”??

Starting with a pinout of the standard CS44 cable at the Mini-Din Male end that plugs into the Hi Pro here’s the connectivity. Pins 5&6 are never used because it’s a 4-pin cable, and for purposes of connecting to a 3-conductor, Flex Strip Pin 1 is also unused. That leaves pins 3, 2, 4. With the Flex Strip lying flat with the CS44 hole pointing up, the Mini-Din male pins 3,2,4 have connectivity from top to bottom of the Flex Strip as pictured below.

1 Like

Thanks for this photo. It’s what I wanted to know.

Tenkan also sent me the NOAHlink pdf showing all the different standard cables and adapters. However that document was ambiguous on the one point that is clarified in this one you just posted.

I’m planning on making my own cables for programming Oticon miniRITE’s using old PS/2 mouse cords and flexible ribbon that I have collected over the years because I never throw away that kind of stuff.

I still don’t have any hearing aids, but I’m actively watching eBay for something that I would want as a starting point for learning. I’ll start with something legacy from Oticon, and see where I want to go from there. I figure I can do a lot of learning for the kind of money that new hearing aids cost, and should be able to meet my hearing needs which aren’t too drastic for a whole lot smaller bottom line. I’ve worked with sound systems literally all my life and know what I need from a sound engineer point of view, I just don’t know how that is done from an audiologist’s perspective, which seems to have a whole different set of jargon from what I know.

John