Question about domes for Jabra Enhance Pro

I suspect the reason behind the double dome with that loss is feedback with the m&rie. Since the mic is in the ear feedback is much more of an issue. I have a similar loss, slightly less, and I with single domes I could not use the m&rie. Wound up with molds instead of power domes for comfort mostly.

1 Like

You are right,I don’t hear much about these Jabra hearing aids on this site,I have these and I do not care for these aids and I am running out of time for a refund. I keep hoping that I can get some feed back here,but,no luck.

Did you return your Jabra’s? I ask because a had issues and returned mine, but got an amazing deal on some Resound One’s for a ridiculous price so decided to try them along with self programming. It’s all in the programming, because now I really like them and cant live without them. I also got custome domes which made all the difference in the world.

I have not yet,you said that you returned yours and got Resound One’s,but the Jabra’s from my understanding is Resounds One’s!! I can’t self program anyway,I have a flip cell,Maybe I should ask about the custome domes,are the custome domes all of the way in the ear?

The programming isn’t done by your phone, it is done by computer with an interface that talks to your HAs, like your hcp did in fitting your HAs up for you in the beginning.

WH

I don’t think the interface by computer can talk to my HA how would that work and what kind of connection that would run from my computer to my HA?

You should take a browse over in the DIY category on these forums. The type of connection may be wireless or via a wire, depending on the age and type of HAs you have.

DIY Category

WH

Resound Ones are only via Noahlink Wireless?

1 Like

I have the new Jabra and not to happy with them,but,thanks for your reply,

That makes me think,why is there not much talk on here about these Jabra hearing aids?

Jabra’s Pro are the same as Resound One’s. I got a Noahlink Wireless device on ebay. You hook that device up to a computer and it will connect wireless to your aids. Then you download the Smartfit to your laptop or computer and use that to self program. It’s quite easy and there are great instructions at AudiologyOnline.com

I am just a little scare to try this,I am not all that good on the computer,so I really don’t think I can program my HA myself,

I totally understand that. It does take some computer knowledge and understanding or you could take the fitting back to square one. Another consideration is if your Costco is okay with self programming. Every adjustment made creates a log, and Costco would see any changes made in the log, as well as the program not matching your last visit. Some are fine with it, some not so keen, and others may claim it will void their warranty.

it’s me again,I have ran out of time to return my Jabra,so,now will have to keep trying to have these aids adjusted to get them right! a little tired of the back and forth. I will stick with these for another 6 months and start the search again.

I spent a lot of time trying to get these perfect and in the end found that there wasn’t one for me. The best thing I did was setup some of the features I like, try to work with the audi to get some minor adjustments, but then just use them as is. I’ve done almost nothing to them for months and am working to just adjust my hearing to them and it seems to be working well.

Thank you,I guess you are right about trying to make these perfect,it is not going to happen,I guess I will have to adjust my hearing to them. This has cause me so much stress and even sleepless nights. It seems I have to up the volume on some things and lower the volume on others,thank you again for responding to my concerns,

Any time :). And actually, changing the volume here and there is not a big deal. I find myself doing that every once in a while. Since left is down and right is up its easy to do fairly easily without being noticed

I do change the volume a lot! I find if I turn it up when watching T.V. and when i go into my kitchen to get a drink or take a dish out of the cabnet it is loud!

I wear Phonak Aids all my life so various models. I’ve never touched the volume in 35 years.

1 Like

Your aids still are not adjusted correctly. And you shouldn’t have to adapt to the aids. Sounds just like in my experience with Costco. There are many adjustments the tech can do to decrease that crisp loudness you are bothered by while increasing those soft sounds you are missing. Demand a different tech or demand going to another store. It’s unacceptable to be forced to “adapt” to poorly fitted aids.

2 Likes