Question about domes for Jabra Enhance Pro

Jabra’s Pro are the same as Resound One’s. I got a Noahlink Wireless device on ebay. You hook that device up to a computer and it will connect wireless to your aids. Then you download the Smartfit to your laptop or computer and use that to self program. It’s quite easy and there are great instructions at AudiologyOnline.com

I am just a little scare to try this,I am not all that good on the computer,so I really don’t think I can program my HA myself,

I totally understand that. It does take some computer knowledge and understanding or you could take the fitting back to square one. Another consideration is if your Costco is okay with self programming. Every adjustment made creates a log, and Costco would see any changes made in the log, as well as the program not matching your last visit. Some are fine with it, some not so keen, and others may claim it will void their warranty.

it’s me again,I have ran out of time to return my Jabra,so,now will have to keep trying to have these aids adjusted to get them right! a little tired of the back and forth. I will stick with these for another 6 months and start the search again.

I spent a lot of time trying to get these perfect and in the end found that there wasn’t one for me. The best thing I did was setup some of the features I like, try to work with the audi to get some minor adjustments, but then just use them as is. I’ve done almost nothing to them for months and am working to just adjust my hearing to them and it seems to be working well.

Thank you,I guess you are right about trying to make these perfect,it is not going to happen,I guess I will have to adjust my hearing to them. This has cause me so much stress and even sleepless nights. It seems I have to up the volume on some things and lower the volume on others,thank you again for responding to my concerns,

Any time :). And actually, changing the volume here and there is not a big deal. I find myself doing that every once in a while. Since left is down and right is up its easy to do fairly easily without being noticed

I do change the volume a lot! I find if I turn it up when watching T.V. and when i go into my kitchen to get a drink or take a dish out of the cabnet it is loud!

I wear Phonak Aids all my life so various models. I’ve never touched the volume in 35 years.

1 Like

Your aids still are not adjusted correctly. And you shouldn’t have to adapt to the aids. Sounds just like in my experience with Costco. There are many adjustments the tech can do to decrease that crisp loudness you are bothered by while increasing those soft sounds you are missing. Demand a different tech or demand going to another store. It’s unacceptable to be forced to “adapt” to poorly fitted aids.

2 Likes

And, like Zebras, now that my aids are getting close to being perfectly adjusted, I find that I don’t adjust much of anything. And my All Around program is now my favorite (except for music) and i rarely change programs or volume, where before with Costco adjustments I couldn’t stand All Around and was always fiddling with the app and different programs

2 Likes

Thank you for your message,and because of it,I just left a message to my tech to give me a call back,I also get feed back now when I put them in myear and when some one hugs me,

I wish we could see your audiogram. If you are getting feedback, your loss is probably in the severe area and if so, you may need custom molds or at least good fitting double power domes.
Maybe suggest they lower the balance between loud and soft sounds (boosting soft sounds while decreasing loud sharp sounds). Mention to them that wrinkling paper or a potato chip bag is to sharp and crisp sounding. Mention you still have problems with soft sounds.
I feel for you because I was in your shoes a few months ago.
Wishing you better adjustments in the future

I wish I could put my audiogram up,the tech said my hearing is mild to severe. There never was much talk about different domes,my ears are small and the one I have is the smallest they have for the jabra’s. earlier this evening,when I went to put my aids in,the programs were not working at all! I did call a second time and left another message,I was a little upset.Thank you again for giving me ideas on what to say and how to say it,

I don’t really like the Jabra/Resound power domes. They were not near as comfortable as the older click-domes on my previous Hansaton aids. Those were super soft and comfortable where the Jabra ones are harder, not as plyable and more solid. Maybe ask to try other domes for help with feedback management. They should run a feedback test after each adjustment.
I was just in my SmartFit program and have a few questions that may help. But remember, I am new to this programming and only go by what sounds good to me as related to my audiogram so not trying to give my advise, but my experiences. But many questions also may annoy your audi. My Costco audi was not keen on all of the questions and adjustments I was asking for. She even said that maybe it would be better to just return them because she didn’t want to see me constantly. That’s when I returned them.

There are “Experience Levels”. From “comfort” to “experienced”. What is yours set to?

What “Target Levels” are you set to, NAL or Jabra’s own setting?

But regardless of those settings, I found the adjustments within the “Environmental Optimizer II” setting might be the key to the issues you describe… the aids being to harsh and bright with loud or sharp sounds and not enough emphasis on soft sounds.
Hope your next adjustment goes well and interested in your outcome. Take care

Hi,just got back from Costco,she did help with the feed back I was getting,so far so good on that,i was not told how to set my programs with the holding the button down until I found the program I wanted,I also do not have the mic in the ear,only the receiver in the ear and behind the ear. The volume button can be use to up and down on both ears,not just the right side,my daughter went with me this time,so that helped, I don’t know if all will work the way I want it too,time will tell I guess. There is a lot to understand with hearing aids and it also seem that you have to be a tecky to understand them,

Glad you made some progress. Always better to have someone with you. I don’t use the buttons on my aids at all since I use the app on my phone for any program changes or to adjust volume but I know you have a flip phone so the app isn’t an option.
I saw one of the receivers with mic and if you have small ears it might be uncomfortable due to the size, it looks bigger than the standard receiver.
You might consider upgrading your phone sometime in the future. If you change carriers you can probably get a free phone included. I have T-Mobil and the 55+ plan is hard to beat at $35 a line for unlimited everything, and I got a free phone for switching from Verizon.

Thanks,I think I did make some progress,only time will tell I guess. I made another appointment with her the end of this month to see how the aids are doing. I think that these GS Jabre’s are so new, that no one seems to know all of the answers yet on them.

I know I should try to upgrade from my flip top,my kids are always saying that ha. You did get a good deal on yours, when you say $35.00 for one line,what does that mean?