Price on Oticon OPN

Yes I know. But it is still a very different type of technology to the traditional directional technology I am used to.

You mention firmware updates. How often are they ordinarily done? I guess I would have to go back to my audi (with whom I am just marginally satisfied) for them, but how am I to know and, more importantly, how am I to know which ones are important and which are relatively trivial?

You can ask around on the forum and people can tell you which firmware updates are more important than which. But usually almost all firmware updates are desirable anyway.

The FW 2.0 was released end of 2016 and contained improvements to the iPhone streaming issues, but didn’t resolve them all. I’d consider this one not a major one.

There is no FW 3 update. The FW 4.0 release was in June/July’17 and is a major one. It fixed most of the remaining iPhone streaming issues (and iOS 11.0.3 helped fix almost all the rest), and it also has Tinnitus support and more importantly, the additional of the Speech Rescue LX functionality.

ICAM re: the OPN 1’s. My audi made a mistake and ordered the 3’s and I wore them for several weeks before she was able to get me the 1’s, so I have a basis for comparison.
In a word, there is no comparison. I cannot imagine a better hearing aid, really can’t. Everything is simply amazing and just blows the 3’s out of the water. If you can possibly afford it, buy them. Heck, buy them even if you can’t afford it!
And it’s not a matter of features as one other poster said. It’s speech clarity and comprehension not to mention brightness and lucidity. Moreover, the streaming is simply phenomenal.
They will have to pry these from my cold dead hands .

2 Likes

Hi, On EBAY they are $3188.00 for a PAIR, of Oticon Opn 1 MiniRITE-T Receiver In Ear Hearing Aid For IPhone, 2 yr. Warranty included. When you buy them you will need to have them programmed at a local provider. You have to think that the hearing aid business is just like the optometry business in that you can get an eye test and then take the prescription to another dispenser to get your glasses. Who wants to overpay by twice or three times the amount to your local provider when another dispenser will give you a much better deal. I buy my glasses at Walmart because they have good quality and low prices. I buy my HAs from an audiologist on EBAY top service, top communication, he programs my HAs and they come ready to wear and function, and he saves me 50% of what a local provider would charge me. For the price you are going to pay I would buy a Signia NX7, or a Resound Linx 3D 9. Much better than Oticon line.