Power pack that works with hearing aid charger

As many have discovered, many of the battery packs on the market will not charge such a low-current device as a hearing-aid charger, BUT I have just purchased an AUKEY Power Bank 15000mAh Portable Charger from NewEgg.com (I couldn’t find it at Amazon), and it works fine with my Phonak Charge and Care: it has a special setting for charging low-current devices.

It’s NewEgg item 9SIAWR7F3N3359 and is now listed at $49.99, which is a lot more than the “sale price” I paid earlier this week.

3 Likes

How about voltaic V50 or V75. I bet they’d work, too.

WH

Amazon - Voltaic V50
Amazon - Voltaic V75

1 Like

I’ve read good things about those too, but they’re more expensive than the sale price of the Aukey.

It’s back on sale today, Aug 17.

And for a little less than I paid.

I have a jumper pack for my car. It has a multi-USB cable and has been used to charge a phone. I haven’t tried with my aids but will give it a go.

Common problem seen with most bigger packs is they will assume that there is “no load” and shut off when the slight amount of power drawn to charge a set of HAs is all it sees. My HAs draw ~10ma max, and I see ~30ma when my charging case is charging both the aids and the battery. Many packs will shut off if they don’t see ~60ma.

WH

2 Likes