Power Consumption when streaming - Phonak

Does anyone know if HAs use more power when streaming bluetooth audio?

I normally get 15 - 16 hours out of my Phonak Lumity 90s before power is drained down to 10%

Yesterday was a miserable rainy day, so in addition to 2 hours of music streaming at the fitness center I streamed about 6 hours of TV via Phonak TV connector. At hour 11 of wearing hearing aids, I got the low battery level warning in my HAs.

What is your experience?

1 Like

Certainly yes streaming with bluetooth, although not as much with the tv connector.

3 Likes

SAME as yours, so don’t fret. But DO complain here, cuz that is a big drawback of rechargeables. I just replaced my rechargeable Lumity Life aids with the newly released 312 battery version. It’s slimmer, smaller and … well let’s see, I’m going on Day 5 with the same small batteries. Includes many hours of TV viewing and music streaming. :grin:

2 Likes

They do, on top of that Phonak uses very inefficient Bluetooth protocol.

1 Like

I can finally, definitively say that for my typical week with BT streamed phone calls and nightly streamed TV for 3 hrs, I get 5.5+ DAYS of use with my itty bitty 312 batteries.

OWIE!!! I am so spoiled with these easy-breezy, clutter-free aids that my “new” backups will be my OLD 13-battery Marvels. I am not planning to travel with my much newer Phonak rechargeable Lumity Life aids EVER. I’m simply not going to deal with the clutter, needing power outlet, short day of battery use, cables & plugs OR portable stick charger for long flights.

Nope. I’m gonna have my 312-battery aids in my ears, a packet of size 312 batteries in my purse, and even if things go sideways at my destination, I’ll have close to 3 weeks of use with my batteries alone before I’d need to find & buy more. LOVE IT!

2 Likes

What are you going to do with the rechargeable HAs? Hope they are not going to sit in the draw and will get some use.

1 Like

I would seriously like to SELL them, but have never listed anything on eBay, so I don’t have a vendor track record. For that matter, I could also sell the redundant pair of Roger ONiN mics I had to buy cuz I now have a proper FIVE DAY solution with the 312 battery Phonaks.

There were no battery aids comparable to these Life aids back in 2022, so I have to accept the boondoggle I’ve lived with for the benefit of better speech comprehension I’ve enjoyed.

@1Bluejay

Sell them on here but say USA only.

I sell on here but say UK only.

Bet you’re happy with having pink HAs as well.

2 Likes

I like that idea a LOT. I’m a total newbie, and wouldn’t know how to price these. I paid $5800 US for the redundant pair of aids (a nice discount from $7K) and $2K (NO DISCOUNT) on the redundant Roger ONiN mic.

OH YEAH DO I LOVE THE PINK 312s!!! They are like a fashion statement - and much slimmer, smaller and lighter than the NOT-waterproof rechargeables, LOL.

If I could sell at least ONE of the rechargeables, I’d be tempted to buy a new backup 312 in emerald GREEN. OW. But I really don’t NEED an identical backup anymore with the multi-day use of these 312s. It’s truly life-altering.

3 Likes

You can probably see what things are selling for on Ebay.

1 Like

Another GREAT idea!! :slight_smile:

VOILA!