Please tell me these tubes are OK to use?

The day before yesterday the earhook on my
hearing aid snapped off so I called and thankfully they had an appointment for the day after so I went and bearing in mind I already changed my tubes for new ones a week ago so there was nothing wrong with them. Before she changed the hook she took the tubes out of the earmolds and changed them back to the NHS ones which I HATE… they do not have a bend like the ones shown on here. I found them so uncomfortable and could never get used to them (no clue why), but when I changed to these ones (photo attached), they were so much more comfortable and I cannot even feel them now. They are thick walled, I asked why did she change them as they are new? She said the ones I got on there now will not allow enough sounds to pass through and the ones they got are much better quality. I said I have no more now so I will not be wearing my hearing aids until I order new ones because they are the only ones I find comfortable to use. Is that even true in what she even said? I personally hear everything exactly the same. I just wished she had asked for my permission before taking them out! Tamping.

1 Like

@craftycrocheter
Like you I prefer the pre-bent ones. The last time I went into NHS audiology (about 9 months ago), it was my 3rd visit after new bluetooth Nathos Nova’s. I was in the hope of a programming tweak to improve speech recognition. I too had changed the tubes to those like yours.

The lady responded, by changing the tubes and asked if that sounded better? Of course, it didn’t. At that point, I decided to go private.

Your tubes are just fine, she was bluffing

Hope this helps
Peter