Picking up someone else's calls?

Is it possible for my Phonak Lumity hearing aids to be able to pick up someone else’s calls?

I was watching a police show that was at the time bang banging with guns, no dialogue , when I heard a women’s voice saying " bye" and then “goodnight” clear as day. I do have my cell phone connected to my aids all the time, so I was wondering if I heard someone else’s call?

1 Like

No that’s most unlikely (impossible?) You obviously picked up some dialogue from the movie, this “women” didn’t sound like your wife?

I tried pairing my hearing aids with my sister-in-law’s smartphone. But I didn’t delete the pairing, I just turned off bluetooth. She didn’t use it then, later she bought some bluetooth headphones and started using them. Months later me and my sister-in-law were doing something outside but we were not close, it happened several times that I heard the sounds of a female person and I was shocked. Where are these sounds coming from now?? It took me a while to realize that it was my sister-in-law’s smartphone, from which I had not deleted the pairing.

1 Like

Well, something similar happened to me once a few years ago. Waiting at the airport, a guy was walking toward me speaking on the phone - when he got within a few yards of me both sides of his conversation came clearly into my HAs until he walked further on.
I agree it is very unlikely … but it would seem to be not quite impossible…. Never happened since.

3 Likes

Def not my wife or show as she was right beside me at the time and I asked her if she said anything and she said she hadn’t then asked if she heard a woman’s voice on the tv and she said no as it was a gun fight on the show with no dialogue

Not hearing aid related but cell phones can act strange.

One day I was out driving with my wife. My phone rang saying she was calling w. At the same time her phone rang saying I was calling her.
Never had that happen before or since.

1 Like

Is this only Phonak brand? because I don’t have Phonak, never experience this weird phenomenal.

Phonak usually take “good connect with Bluetooth” as their selling point. Maybe it too good? :smile:

No, mine were Oticon OPN 1 back then

It happened to me in a park, wearing Oticon OPN 1 and my spouse wearing my Connect Clip remote mic. We passed about 20’ from two women and suddenly I heard one (using a cell phone or BT earbuds??) in my hearing aids until we walked on.

I’m curious if you were in a setting like an apartment building where someone could get within about 30’ from you (on the other side of a wall)?

Could these simply be “misdirected” NSA/CIA phones that have escaped their intended channels of delivery?

Just wondering🕵🏻‍♂️

OF COURSE I’m only funnin’!

4 Likes

I was in my house, it didn’t sound like either of my neighbors.

1 Like