Phonak wax guards CeruShield

I bought the one in the picture for the first time thinking it would be good because they wrote in the ad that it fits more brands as Phonak. But when I put it in, he didn’t want to go there, he doesn’t hold on.

They’re Cerustops.

That’s the design Phonak deliberately moved away from to ‘protect’ their receivers; and their sales of wax guards which were out of Patent.

I haven’t bought a Sonova product since they changed - when a manufacturer starts acting against patient interest protecting by their product lines, it’s not a great look.

The really stupid thing is that they could have kept the original style and just allowed distributors to stock a generic wax guard. That’s not so good for the bottom line though.

3 Likes

I’ve done it several times. When I get angry at not being able to hear. My audi is generous and changes my receivers when I’m in for a regular appointment.

I can’t count how many times I’ve removed my dome, and examined the wax guard and seen it off-kilter.

DaveL

I had a bent bit that would not take a new filter. My audi said she would send me a replacement or come over if I could not manage. She sent me two pairs and instructions. I managed to change it but it was watchmaker stuff really.

On wax on the receiver, just changed my domes and cleaned the receiver body. Then I had a look with a high power magnifier. The dome clips on to two tiny ridges, these both had a near invisible ring of wax. I needed the fine end on a metal tooth pick to get it off; just using a cloth didn’t get close.

1 Like

greed and disservice to loyal customers

I am 80+. The only problem I’ve had with the cerushield system is when I have found that I am actually pushing against the “sport lock” so that it’s not allowing the receiver to plug in far enough.

1 Like

This thread reminds me. My Audi supplier sent me packets of Cerushields by return with domes to come direct from Sonova. That was 3 weeks ago and still waiting.

Me too. I stopped using the “sport lock”
I’ve used that for over 15 years, and don’t like giving it up.

I’m 75

DaveL
Toronto