Phonak TV streamer adjust volume on hearing aid

I have a question … when using the phonak tv streamer and I want to adjust the volume if I click on my HA it instead adjusts the ambient at the bottom of app shifting the slide either toward TV or Surrounding… to change my actual volume I need to open app and adjust the slide up or down… can this be changed by the audi in the settings so I can do it on my HA’s ??

I don’t think audi can change what buttons do on hearing aids (but don’t know) but you can change the volume on the TV Connect device itself (plus and minus buttons)

Because each TV shows audio is at a different level, I use a hi-fi audio pre-amp remote control to adjust the volume level.

No, your Audi definitely cannot change this.
He can only reduce the default volume value for the surroundings or switch off the microphones completely when streaming.

My Phonak TV streamer has volume buttons, but I do not find them very convenient either. Instead, the sound of my TV gets sent to a Bluetooth receiver next to my arm chair, and this feeds into a cheapy volume controller (two models pictured) before going to the streamer. The streamer sits at a location near the ceiling, to increase its range. That same Bluetooth receiver also feeds a small amplifier/speaker for other household members when needed, with the same audio lag.

2 Likes

First: do you have the TV transmitter with the buttons on the housing? Then you can use those as well.
Then: best is to connect with the optical cable for a stable high quality signal.
Then: Yes your Audio can help you to find a good tradeoff starting point for the volume setting (for istance initial ambient sound level during streaming). After these initial settings your +/- volume control on the HA do “ambient balance” which is more streamed vs. more ambient signal.
Then: on top your Audi can assing a long push “-” to “Mic Off”, means you can fully focus on the TV Signal

2 Likes

The volume buttons on the Phonak TV connector, change the volume in very large steps (I think about 5 dB) good for setting the volume from different sources. But not for vine tuning volume from show to show.

Why would you not stream directly to your hearing aid devices?
Is there no lag?

The question was about how to conveniently control the volume of the TV audio streamed to our Phonak HAs. I suppose there is a setting in Target that allows doing so directly on the HA, without altering the balance with ambient sounds, but I would still find that awkward.

1 Like

FYI
I think only one model of the TV connector has the buttons (v2). 1 and 1.1 have no buttons. See Here.

WH

Makes sense. I think it’s worth at least a little extra effort to get a V2

1 Like

Not that I’ve ever seen, its only via the buttons on the unit if you have the v2 model or via the app. I have mine plugged into the Line Out of the TV so I dont often need to adjust it other than if one show is particularly loud for me.