Phonak TV Connector Dropout

RESOLVED see below

I have a problem with my Phonak Marvel and TV Connector Version 2. They are 3 years old and pair easily. In the last few months the audio suddenly stops and after a few seconds will stream again. Annoying.

I have now traced the issue. When working properly the App shows TV Connector + Mic. When the audio drops out the TV Connector greys out and a second tab appears which is Bluetooth Streaming and TV but no audio. It will then revert to TV Connector after a short random interval.

I know a BT call - audio, TV or WhatsApp will ‘steal’ the connector but I have more or less eliminated these. Anything else I should consider?

My Phone is a Samsung Galaxy A14

1 Like

Sounds to me like a BT device you’re paired with is sending notifications of some kind, even if they are silent.

WH

4 Likes

I think so too. WhatsApp will do that. It might be my Smart Watch though I have had to shut the Connection between watch and phone for calls.

I will try cutting the WhatsApp connection from phone to watch. There might also be other things. However right now I checked ‘Messages’ on the phone and it said “myPhonak is using your BT connection”

Now that is indeed a silent link. I will try and check it out. Thanks.

I suspect NFC might be the problem so have switched that off and check tonight.

Do you know for certain that your tv isn’t capable of bluetooth? I know my Firestick has bluetooth baked in to the software…could be something on that order causing an issue.
Good luck

1 Like

Typically Phonak Marvel will have three connections in your phone, two LE connections from myphonak used for monitoring and control by the app and one traditional bt pairing which comes and goes as a connection only when you are actively connected for audio (phone or an app sending a notification).

I find that the time to establish the connection when an app wants to send a notification is long enough that the sound is often done and gone by the time the connection is done setting up. Maybe the click or knock sound was a quarter or third of a second while it takes maybe a second or two for the connection to light up, then you are greeted by silence as nobody has anything to say anymore and the. The connection drops again.

Hope this helps.

WH

3 Likes

@roybrocklebank
I’ve dealt with this like this:

I also have my TV Connector (V1) on a Smart Plug, so I can disable it if I choose to Bluetooth Stream.

I’ve also disabled Autoswitching for Roger devices, and TV Connector. I hear a “double tone” when the HAs detect something, but I switch to it manually.

The only thing that overrides, is a Phone Call.

Peter

1 Like

@cleveto I will check the TV Bluetooth as I don’t know if it might be that or the Firestick.

@WhiteHat I disabled NFC and still got drop out, so strike that one. On your 2nd post I will have a think about that - it might point to the smart watch picking up weather or sending health monitoring messages. I will try deselecting the synch messages that I have set up. Time synch however is probably beyond my control. I will switch the watch off at some point to ensure no hand shaking.

@PeterH, my TV connector is powered solely through the TV USB so it is off unless the TV is on. I don’t have Roger. As per your screenshot, I have deselected Audio and see what effect that has.

1 Like

Peter, so far, so good. I managed an hour without interruption. As I use BT steaming from a website more often than TV I will probably run with Audio enabled and deselect when using the TV Connector. I will try the connector again for a couple of hours to confirm.

Thanks

1 Like