Phonak TV Connector 2.0 vs Roger on for watching TV

Is getting Phonak TV Connector for Paradise HA worth it?
My Brother says the sound coming from the Roger on when plugged to the TV has a low volume; I’m not sure if the connector would make any difference!
Any feedback from people who uses both, would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

The roger select has adjustment range of -8 to+8 db.

1 Like

@Baltazard

The Roger On docking station, there is a volume control right at the bottom and I believe to the right.

03 receivers which are installed into the Roger On iN have a set 10 dB of extra gain.

02 receivers which are installed via a Roger X receiver using the machine in the picture can be adjusted up to a max of 18 dB which is what I have mine set as.

@Zebras Is the sound coming from the TV using the roger louder and better than the one coming from the connector?

The sound is the same very good. From roger select or tv connector.

1 Like

@Baltazard

I don’t have the TV Connector but there’s more dB if you are using the Roger On with the docking station.

Has your brother played around with the volume control on the On docking station?

@wkroeger I take it you’ve got both?

@Zebras Yes he did, not sure why the volume is low, but he does seems to find Roger on good when on a table.

What’s the round thing in your picture is that the docking station for the roger on or is that related to something with your hearing aids?

@LRav

It’s called a Roger Installer.

Ok thanks for that information

@Baltazard

It could be the cable as I find the Roger volume to be greater then my two other ways of listening to the TV?!

I have three options set up for watching TV and listening to the radio. I can choose between three.

1 Like

@LRav

It’s for installing the Roger into Phonak Bluetooth Aids. Won’t work for any other brand of Aids or older Phonak Aids.

Yes i thought that i was just curious still trying to sort out about my hearing aids haven’t heard back from the guy in charge yet and I’m now back in a splint on my right hand to stablize my thumb so finding things really hard and can’t really wear my hearing aids

Besides the volume control on the dock there is volume control in MyPhonak app and you can change the ratio of the mix between the stream and the HA mic inputs. I tend to turn it all the way to the Roger and then turn down the overall gain on the main MyPhonak screen.

WH

1 Like

I will see if it makes any difference, for now he is using a Sennheiser RS 180 wireless headphone over his HA, this seem to do a good job for him.

@Baltazard

Are you in the UK? Described as the TV Link but is in fact a TV Connector V2.

1 Like

@Zebras Yes I am, cool man, thank you for the link. :+1:t2:

I recently hooked up my new Phonak’s via Bluetooth to the TV and wow - the sound was so clear directly to my ear. But it cuts off the sound for my wife in the room. When you use the Roger On or Phonak TV connector, do you get a clear sound like with BT but other’s still can hear the TV normally?

Mike

I think if you use toslink most TVs will still play audio audibly while putting signal out to your connector. If you use headphone jack connection, then some will and some won’t play audio out the builtin speakers. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it cuts out. I think the sound over connector or Roger On seems better than BT – more solid a connection, and your battery in your BT master HA will last longer
using the connector or a Roger Mic than using BT.

WH

1 Like