Phonak "Trial" Model

What does the the Label on Phonak “Trial” mean?

They beep every 2 minutes until reset via the software and your audiologist. The beeping will start after 4 weeks.

1 Like

It’s basically a loaner for people to try/demo. It can be programmed in all versions of that particular hearing aid.

They typically start beeping at 6 weeks needing to be reset by the fitter, easy if you self program.

1 Like

I have Target. I am looking at some for spares. If you reset, does the beep come back again or can you turn it off permanently? Can you update the firmware? I have never seen this in the program.

It’ll come back every 4 to 6 weeks all the time.

Think the longest it can be set is 6 weeks but not 100% sure.

Looks like when you re-enter the hearing aid on Target, it resets another 6 week period, so not so good for spares even.

1 Like

Had a trial/loaner pair of Jabra due to repairs, I will say in the 4.5 weeks I had 1 or 2 random beep at the 4 week mark I think it wasn’t annoying just random out of nowhere despite a full battery and only Twice. They weren’t streaming as didn’t jive with my cellphone. I guess if your willing to self program a trial pair having the beeping issue reset every 4-6 weeks isn’t a bad idea…it’s ideal for just a spare pair but if they’re planned to be a permanent replacement full time that night get annoying.

I found a pair of P90’s and ordered them as a backup. I a nervouse that Phonak might be doing all rechargable and I have been there and don’t want them anymore. The 675 may be big, but it last 2 weeks and with two pair I am in business for a number of years. Already invested in Roger Select and TV Connector, so I like the platform. Also have Target and NoahLink, so Phonak is hard to leave.

1 Like

Which aids did you buy?
Naida BTE UP?

Hi Rick,

Yes, bought two more Naida Paradise P90 UP since I am a little nervous about getting 625 battery powered UP hearing aids i the future. Looks like most manufacturers are going to rechargeable. I tried recharge a few years ago but they also allowed batteries which I had to use since the rehargeable ones did not alway make 16 hours. I don’t like the idea of having to send the aids back to get a new battery. Phone batteries can be serviced everywhere in an hour; not hearing aids.

I ordered a pair from overseas, which has limited warranty, but at a significant discount. A pair for $2,600. I have no problem copying my current program with Target.

1 Like