Phonak Target Software... Last try before I give up

[original post removed]

Oh, my time was just a rough estimate. I didn’t pay much attention to the time as I was doing other things. It may have been faster. I was just trying to point out that it’s much faster than the long, long download from India.

I found this link.
I think I can buy latest phonak hearing ais from India/China.Just waiting for a price.
In the meantime I came across this seller and he seems good. I would buy this but I don’t know how to program hearing aids. However it seems you do. Hope this helps.
http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/fromtheheart6912?rt=nc
His ebay store is fromtheheart6912 and is based in South Korea.
Kind Regards
Kay
Is there any way to learn to program? This seller said it is hard if your are not trained.

Audiology Online has free courses online. You have to become a member to view the courses but it’s free unless you wish to receive credits for the courses. Searching the directory of courses By-Company/Phonak. Click -> HERE

How are people buying the bluetooth hardware to hook up their hearing aids:

Phonak iCubes, Starkey SurfLinks, ReSound Airlinks… I thought only an audiologist can get this?

And the software…

Who has hooks ups here?

… nobody?

Sorry to not be more responsive to the obvious concerns about the validity of the link I posted earlier. I thought it would be enough that the domain was phonak.com, which I myself think is a more trustworthy source than phonakindia.in

I will try to keep the links updated for new users if I can, as I expect they will become invalid with future updates.

http://fittingsw-objects.phonak.com/SWUpdates/Target/Phonak%20Target%204.0.0/PhonakTargetCustomer4.0.0.6805.exe
http://fittingsw-objects.phonak.com/SWUpdates/Target/Phonak%20Target%204.1.0/PhonakTargetCustomer4.1.0.9913.exe

Sorry I can’t help with hardware or other manufacturers’ software, you should ask people that already have access to it.
If anybody has tips on obtaining a HI-PRO in Europe please share, I think I will go for that first before going on the (rapidly superseded) path of iCube’s and the like.

Look in the DIY forum.

I started a new thread >> Buying a Hi-Pro in Europe vs USA <<.</snip>

Thanks Enyan. That worked well.</snip>

FYI…US hearing aid manufacturers databases do not communicate with their overseas counterparts. Meaning I cannot call Siemens here in NJ and give them the serial number of an aid fit in France expecting it to show up in their system, it doesn’t. I had to provide a copy of the original purchase agreement to them when I send the aids in for repair. If you don’t provide it to them, they won’t fix it. If you provide anything from Ebay, they won’t fix it. If you provide something that looks shotty, they will track down the original purchaser via the serial number linked to a given account and shut them down.

Wondering if you posted to the wrong thread? PPL were discussing where to find fitting software.

Appreciate the link very much

Just want to say thanks for sharing that link! :cool:

I’ve purchased some Phonak Brios (Audeo Q90) from Costco and want to fine tune the programs myself as I am an Electrical Engineer and Software Programmer with a penchant for fiddling and optimising things. I was excited by the notion of DIY. I have downloaded Target 4.1 from above and am about to purchase a Hi-Pro programmer and CS44a a set of cables. I just spent the last 30 minutes checking out 80% of Target’s features. It is very comprehensive and well written. so far so good.

I have one concern. The license Agreement Terms of the Target S/W says:

"3. Grant of License and Term of License

Phonak grants to you a limited non-exclusive license to use the Software, subject to all of the terms and conditions set out in this License Agreement (the “License”).

You may, during the Term of the License, as defined below:

(a) install and use the Software on one or more computers, in accordance with the Documentation, to program, configure or otherwise process hearing aids purchased exclusively from Phonak; and

(b) copy the Software for back-up and archival purposes, provided that every such copy includes all proprietary notices included with the original Software and the media containing the original Software.

Subject to the following paragraph, the term of this License will continue as long as you continue to purchase hearing aids from Phonak that are suitable for use with the Software. The minimum term of this License will be one (1) year from the date on which you accept this License Agreement The License will expire one (1) year after the date you accept this License Agreement if, during that one (1) year period, you have not purchased any hearing aids from Phonak suitable for use with the Software ."

I’m concerned about the bit I boldened, in that unless I purchase new hearing aids each year I am not entitled to use this software. Can anybody allay my concerns ?

regards
Peter

Brio adjustments can only be done with the software they provide to Costco. It isn’t floating around the Net.

Thanks KenP.
I was initially concerned that I needed the Costco Target software, however it appears I don’t. The problem seems to be the other way around in that the Costco software won’t program Phonak aids other than those sold at Costco !

Refer quotation from post here:
“Anyway, I have a Hi-Pro USB and the Target 3.3 software and have been making some tentative adjustments to the Brios. So, yes, the Brios are not locked and can be programmed with Target 3.3. I have not tried Target 4.0 which I also have, primarily because Costco also uses Target 3.3 and I want to be able to discuss the program with the Costco fitter. As I understand it, the Costco Target software is crippled so that it will only work on Costco supplied HAs.” (http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?17786-Can-Costco-Phonak-Brio-HA-s-be-adjusted-with-a-Hi-Pro-USB-amp-Phonak-Target-4-0-software)

Any thoughts?
Regards
Peter

Did you discuss this with your Costco fitter? If you change the settings in your Brio, they will no longer match the configuration stored in Costco’s database. Once your fitter discovers this, they may choose not to work with you any longer.

I’ve yet to decide if I will seek their blessings to DIY program before I do so. My situation is no different to any other DIY’er who has their own audiologist. I also doubt there is anything in the terms and conditions of sale explaining how I forfeit support should I program them myself.

Peter.

KenP, it would be great if you could reference a post where somebody was unable to program their Brios using standard Phonak Target software and the cause was identified to be the lack of Costco specific software.
Above I have posted a link where somebody says the exact opposite.

Regards
Peter

Two more independent quotes in my favour ! This is now 3 for and 0 against, so I’m very confident I can do it.

This time one quote is supposedly from the horses mouth as they say

“per an Advanced Bionics audiologist who verified with Phonak: Any audiologist / HIS with Phonak’s target fitting software can program the Brio.”
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Loops_and_Telecoils/conversations/messages/9270

Third quote
“1. The Brio aids sold at Costco are unlocked, meaning any hearing aid professional who has Target 3.3 programming software can reprogram the Brio;
2. Costco has a special version of Target 3.3 that can only program the Brio, and no other Phonak aids;”