Phonak Target Self Programming Adjustments

https://www.phonakpro.com/content/dam/phonak/gc_ca/b2b/en/elearning/September%20Audiolounge%20pdf.pdf

I found this PDF, it might be of some use to people who are adjusting their own Phonak HAs on the Target Software.

Thanks for the link. As I played with Target the last few days, I’ve been wondering what typical adjustment strategies might be for addressing specific issues.

Actually don’t have any just yet as I won’t pick up my Brio2s until tonight…

I’m assuming you don’t have access to REM equipment.

-Plug in your audiogram
-Pick a fitting rule (Adaptive Phonak Digital? Why not - for a start anyway)
-Generate an initial fit
-Play around
–use the audio samples in Target for starters
–the “automatic fine tuning” is pretty good for addressing specific issues (and it will also show you what parameters are important for each issue)
–go out in the world and try it out
–come back and mess around some more

Check out audiologyonline.com. Phonak might have some short tutorials that talk about how to deal with specific issues. (They might also have some long ones that teach you how to use Target, too.)

Good luck!

1 Like

Question… I’m about to upgrade my aids (from Phonak Nadia S IX, to the new Nadia V) and I’m awaiting my Hi-pro kit. I would like to see all of my original setting on my old aids (from 2011), so I can utilize this baseline for my new aids. Will I be able to view this when I attached to the Target software?

What are your old aids?

Phonak Nadia S IX UP

Sorry I see now you had actually said that :confused:

And, the version of Target that I have access to, and which may be current – Version: 5.0.0.27661 – includes both the Naida S and Naida V. So you should be able to read out the data without a problem.

Directly transferring it to the new aids is a question I don’t know about. Your audiogram is no problem, but as for the rest of it… don’t know.

Good luck!

I don’t need to directly transfer, I just want to view my old settings. I could then adjust manual with my new aids. Want to assure that I can view these settings.

Well when you have Target installed, you can set up a client – you! – and then look at the “Hearing Instruments” tab. All the aids in the database will be there.

As I say, the version of Target I’ve got covers both the S and the V.

So just to be clear, I open the program, create a client (myself) and then hook up the aids? This would not at all delete my settings? I could in theory export my data so I have it saved elsewhere?

Great, so once I “read from hearing aids”, I assume I would be able to save as, or export that data?

I have Target v5.01/Phonak Audeo B90/iCubeII and transferred the data from aids to Target software. If I have to decrease the volume by one increment on the HA on start up, how do I change to this volume setting in Target to make it the default when switching on the aids ?

That’s being talked about in another thread. But the short is, go to Fitting / Fine Tuning / Gain & MPO. Make sure the aids are linked (via the chain icon in the middle). Click “All” in the gain matrix. Use the up/down buttons in the middle to set the default overall gain (2 steps = 1 push of the volume button). All of the gain boxes should show the increase/decrease. Save or whatever you do in Target to make sure you’ve written to the aids.

Hi, I have a Phonak Nathos Auto M and Phonak Target can’t read it, It’s not on the hearing aids list as well? Any advice? Thanks.

There’s a special code number I believe, plus having the correct version of target
(maybe version 4 or 5.0)

What programming device are you using to connect your hearing aids to target? @Zebras could possibly help you here.

Good luck.