Phonak Target & HA Programs

The screenshot of my Phonak app shows all the programs installed in my HAs.

Programs ‘Restaurant’ and ‘TV’ were installed by my audiologist 3 years ago.

As you can see from Program Manager in Phonak Target, ‘Restaurant’ and ‘TV’ do not appear. So I am unable to edit or delete these programs.

1. Could this be the result of the audiologist using software other than Phonak Target when these programs were created and installed?

2. What other software to audiologists use besides Phonak Target?

3. Dumb question, but will Phonak Target software support/program other brands of HAs?

The programs “Restaurant” and “TV” have been setup within Target.
This two programs are based on fixed programms: Speech in noise / Calm situation
You can see this because for “Restaurant” is written “Base program: Speech in noise” and for “TV” it reads “Base program:Calm situation”.

Your 3rd question: Phonak Target fitting software support only Phonak hearing aids. Nothing else

Your 2nd question: Each HA aid manufacturers fitting software , and some other software tools e.g software for REM , clinic wide client database etc.

1 Like

Thank You

Using the Phonak App if I migrate to ===> Program Management ===> Haearing Aid Programs ===> Restaurant

I am able to rename the program, deleting is not an option.

Am I looking in the wrong spot?

All programms with this symbol
fixed programs
are fixed base programms and setup within Target software

If you adjust one of the programs with MyPhonak then the programm will be added in MyPhonak and the adjusted program getting a star symbol.
fixed programs

And only this user adjusted programs with star symbol could be deleted again within MyPhonak app > Program Management > Hearing Aid Programs

So to answer your questions.

1. No
  2. Well there’s whatever REM tool they use, but this doesn’t add extra program.
  3. Unfortunately not, Target is for Phonak branded models only.
1 Like

I’ve deleted restaurant, TV and music from my App as I never used them.

They are only accessible via the App.

I have P70 :slight_smile:

I am afraid you are incorrect.

Only those programs creatrd by the user within the app are able to be deleted within the app. Those user created programs have a star next to the name.

For purposes of demonstration I created the program callled Garbage.

I am thinking in order to resolve my issue I may have to do a factory reset, erase everything from my HAs, which is not an issue.

Not sure how you got where you are, but when my Audeo p90 HAs were issued, those three programs were installed as if I had created them, and I could delete from app if I wished. (That always scared me a bit.) Image attached to show how it looks on my app.

WH

Your issue might be because you have the Marvel? I have no idea what Aids you have tho. I’m only assuming.

As @WhiteHat says, the Paradise can have them deleted but my App looks like WhiteHat and not yours so I don’t know why your App is different?

@orgullodemexico

Once I deleted them, it told me I had more room to make custom programs. Not that I’ve created any custom programs tho.

1 Like

I do have Marvel - M70-R to be exact

So Paradise and above give you the option to delete Target created/installed sub programs on the app?

Interesting

I assume so.

I have the Sky M70 and altho the Junior App is rubbish, I also can’t delete the programs you’re asking about even tho it’s a different App.

I just tried it and no good. :slight_smile:

The TV and Restaurant programs must be a hidden bundle that is automatically included with the HA software. Sort of like buying a new smartphone and finding out there are 24 programs that you know you’ll never use but you can’t uninstall them

I performed a factory reset of the HAs and after reprogramming with Phonak Target those two programs still show up in the app. As my original post stated, the never appear in the Phonak Target program menu - anywhere.

Could you try these steps , to find out if the PyPhonak App have a bug?

Open settings
Scroll down and select APPs
Tap the See all options at the bottom
Tap the app name whose app cache you want to clear (Phonak)
Tape Storage and cache (2 images)
Select Clear cache
Tap Clear storage to clear data and cache.

Clearing data and cache had no effect

Oh well - I can live with this.

When you click on the program, do you get the option at the bottom to delete?

My Sky M70 doesn’t but it also doesn’t use the normal App.

I DO NOT get that option. Thanks

2 Likes