Phonak Target 7.3.1 Volume Behavior

Hello, I just got my new Phonak Paradise 70 UP hearing aids last night. I imported my data from my Naida Q50-UP and ahhhhhhh, it really is Paradise. However one minor glitch I am having, I’d like to adjust the volume increments, on the old hearing aids under device options I was able to increase the DB of volume increments and range of volume. On these new aids the volume behavior tab does not exist. Any ideas anyone?

I’ve never touched my volume ever but I also noticed that this feature has disappeared with the Marvel and Paradise Aids.

Well shoot, that stinks… The factory volume range is pretty minimal, the volume is still way too loud when .on a construction sight. How annoying

Do you know if target does an in-situ audiogram like I did on the oticon software? I’m not seeing anything? Just want to try it to see what Phonak suggests

Audiogram Direct.

:slight_smile:

If ya finding things too loud, just lower all the G numbers within the software.

Normal setting the volume is perfect. But when a guy is using a jack hammer next to me at work it’s too loud. There’s not enough gain reduction in the volume setting to get comfortable. That’s why I wanted to get the volume behavior so I could increase the volume increments. But apparently that’s not an option anymore. I have to create an entirely separate program. Which stinks because it’s easier to use the volume control on hearing aid to simple turn the volume down while I’m working. I guess I can change the program on aid but that’s extra steps and I miss a moment between intervals. Can’t win with these things. Why is this so difficult. They just keep making stupid more stupid

@jte

Ah yea that’s fair enough.

I can stand next to a road drill and not find it too loud. I guess I’m lucky. My sister finds it too loud tho.

There’s only +/-5db adjustment… I can barely even notice a difference in volume. Doesn’t make sense.

@jte

Each volume click is 2 dB for the actual volume.

The phone volume when on a call is different.

I do see that, you are right. I misread it. Either way it’s just not enough volume control. I can’t even tell a difference until after the 3rd click.

Also, do you wear phonak? So I I have my Bluetooth linked to the right ear. If I get a text, or scroll thru the news on my phone and there happened to be a video, or anytime the Bluetooth picks something up, do you get like a 5 second reduction in gain on the hearing aid linked to the Bluetooth?

Yes that’s because my settings for my hearing aids when I listen to audio is set at -10 dB.

I don’t loose gain tho.

Create a manual program that reduces the volume more. I have one set @ -20dB that I switch into when working around loud machines. It is actually my first selected program after auto (1 press).

@jte

I just tested my Marvels, for me it’s 5 clicks up so 10 dB and 5 clicks down from middle so 10 dB lower.

I can’t hear anything if I go to the lowest volume.

Yeah you were right. What I did was created another program like the other guy said, I went 15db lower for the baseline, and that gets me to a comfortable volume with room to spare. Just annoying I have to switch programs to aquire that. My old aids I had -20db of wiggle room on the one aid because my loss isn’t balanced and that was perfect. The -10 db just isn’t enough on my one side. My old aids I could turn the volume all the way down at work because of the background noise and still communicate and hear because everyone else was raising their voices to accommodate for the noise when the carpenters are framing, cutting steel studs and wood, iron workers torquing steel beams, plumbers testing pipes with air compressors, sprinkler fitters cutting iron pipe with sawzalls, drywallers using their screwguns, the list goes on and on. I could just turn down the aids while a normal person wears ear plugs or ear muffs. It is an advantage in my opinion because I can even mute them and stream music and no one even knows if the situation is safe.

I still can’t figure out a solution to when I get an incoming text on my phone, the volume decreases a few decibels while the Bluetooth connects and alerts me. It would be nice if that didn’t happen. I like hearing my alerts but no at the expense of the volume altering upon any incoming data.

1 Like

Check to see if your Mics are not attenuated in the appropriate program. I believe default is -6 dB.

I don’t see that option anywhere, where can I find the ability toanage the mics?

I found it, so do I set it to 0db?

Yes

I did and that didn’t change anything :disappointed:

@jte

Hopefully someone else will come a long with answers.

On my Marvels, I don’t seem to have the issue once my Mics were set to 0 dB.