Phonak Roger X receivers, are they at all needed?

I recently got a pair of Phonak Audeo P90. Got the Roger Select for at work. But there were also 2 Roger X receivers and I honestly have no clue what to do with these things. And I just realized how expensive they are. I thought the price overall was for the Roger Select. There was an assistive device rebate from my province but still doesn’t fully cover the cost.

I use bluetooth to connect to everything. I’m not in environments like a classroom where I’m connecting to random devices. I’ll check to see if the Roger X can connect to my old Resound devices but I don’t think they have the right connection. My even older Oticon streaming device I think can connect but I also have no need for it really.

Am I missing something here? Are these tiny little connectors worth the cost and I’m just don’t see the benefit? Or are they a waste of money collecting dust in a drawer? I also don’t have what is needed to connect them to the hearing aids. Overall not sure why my audi ordered these.

You need the Roger Select iN or Roger On iN to activate the licenses.

The Roger X receivers are for older hearing aids or different hearing aids that are not Phonak.

You could ask your Audi to install the licenses from the Roger X receivers into your Aids via this machine.

2 Likes

As far as benefit. Are you finding yourself in situations that you can’t understand others because of noise? Classic is trying to talk to multiple people in a noisy restaurant. If you don’t have any issues in noise, or just don’t find yourself in those situations, there is likely no benefit to the Roger Select.
If you do have issues in noise, the Roger Select can be quite helpful. The Paradise aids and Roger Select is quite an elegant solution. As Zebras details before you’d either need a Select iN or have somebody install the Roger X licenses in your Paradise aids. If you don’t see the value, I’d encourage to sell or donate them to somebody.

1 Like

I use the select all the time. My question is regarding the Roger X. They just it in a drawer. I don’t need them to connect to the Roger Select using my Audeos

@lydia.c

I explained in my first post about the purpose of the Roger X.

Looks like you already have the licenses installed if you’re already using the Roger Select.

In that case, the Roger X has no use for you.

If your Audi used that machine in my first post then you need to keep hold of the Roger X receivers so you can transfer the licenses back into the Roger X receivers and then into your new Aids when the times comes.

The Roger X won’t work for anyone else if the licenses have been taken out of them already.

4 Likes

@lydia.c

If your Audi used that machine in my first post then you need to keep hold of the Roger X receivers so you can transfer the licenses back into the Roger X receivers and then into your new Aids when the times comes.

The Roger X won’t work for anyone else if the licenses have been taken out of them already.

If you get rid of the Roger X then your licenses will be stuck in your Aids and you won’t be able to get them back out.

3 Likes

I didn’t see, but he may have done a set up before I arrived. I’ll have to call and ask. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Zebras, does this mean that, once I pair Roger On In with a pair of the aids, I cannot pair the same Roger On In to another pair? Thanks

@MilosDj

If your other pair of Aids already have the licenses / receivers, then you can pair the Roger On to many many different Aids.

You can transfer the licenses back into the Roger On iN to then transfer into a new set of Aids.

I sold the other pair. Correct me if wrong, but my understanding was that Roger on in can connect to multiple aids? Do I need these licenses for the aids or for Roger on in? I had m30t, Roger worked with them. Then upgraded to m90, sold m30, and now can’t connect m90 to Roger. Should I have “returned” these installed receivers (if they were installed at all), and where to? If so, how is it then possible for Roger on in to work with multiple aids if you have to transfer receivers back and forth? Hope you understand my confusion here. Thanks again

@MilosDj

Each hearing aid has to have a license.

You can connect the Roger On to 100s of hearing aids as long as they have the licenses or Roger X receivers attached to them if they aren’t Phonaks.

As I said, you should of transferred the licenses back into your On before you sold them.

This link has been posted many times on this forum. Explains how to install them back into the Roger On.

1 Like

Ok, now I get it. Not the greatest solution at all, I thought this Roger On In to be much more sophisticated. To the damage control now. If, as you said, “Each hearing aid has to have a license.”, then I should be able to connect newly purchased aids to the Roger.

But new hearing aids don’t come with the licenses or Roger X receivers. It’s part of buying the whole set up of the Roger.

If you transfer the licenses back into the Roger On, every time you get new Aids, then it won’t cost you lots of $$$$$ each time.

So, my roger is now bascally useless???

@MilosDj

Yes because you left the licenses in your sold hearing aids.

You’ll have to buy a new Roger On iN.

Well, bad luck… Is there anything that I can do?

How about buying roger receiver?

@MilosDj

You can buy 2 x Roger X receivers with serial numbers of 1744 or later and ask your Audi to transfer the licenses from the Roger X receivers into your Aids using the machine in the picture.

It’ll still cost around $500 tho.

1 Like

I can find 1 receiver at quite affordable price,w ould it help?

@MilosDj

Yes it’ll go to one hearing aid only BUT be aware that if the serial number is older then 1744, then it won’t work for you. Also you’re Audi has to get the machine in.