Phonak Roger On™ iN – Microphone Transmitter

Thanks Mike, looks likeyou have a good supplier, being resident on the Costa Blanca, Spain, it’s unlikely they can assist me. I will keepresearching.

2 Likes

Only really tried in the Dining Room, on Table Mode, with moderate noise. Works like a charm even with 6 to 8 people at the table.

1 Like

Like others have said, in a noisy group environment the noise can be overwhelming, But in medical environments, like my doctors office where masks are still mandatory, using the pointer works well. Without the Roger On I would not have a clue what my doctor is telling me as I rely very much on lip reading. I always explain why I am using it though. ( no I’m not taping you! ) Eve

3 Likes

I work part time in a woodworking store that is normally pretty noisy. It helps me with customers, but I always explain why I’m pointing something at them. It works great. I’m glad the VA provided it for me. There is no way I would have one if I had to buy it though.

1 Like

So, I got my Roger ON IN and transferred the software into my Paradise 90s. Quite impressed so far and reasonable amount of reveiws and guides on Youtube. One concern is how to recover and transfer software if I upgrade to new aid’s. Anyone done this ?

@briangwest

Searching the forum shows you the answer.

1 Like

I am extremely grateful for your reply and the information therein. I have a need to return my right aid to Phonak for repair and am concerned that they may somehow delete the licence thats installed. I will remove it prior to despatch. Again, thanks.

@briangwest

Definitely remove it as then you know it’s safe.

1 Like

I can confirm what @Zebras has said. I took the 03 receivers out of my old Phonak Marvels, and put them into the Roger. Then transferred them out of the Roger into my new Lumity aids. Whole process took about 3 minutes.

2 Likes

Have followed advice and done so. Many thanks.

You’ll have to transfer the licenses back in to the Roger iN, otherwise you’re done.

I’ve bought a standard Roger On, and 2x Roger X’s AND a Roger Installer. You plug each Roger X (has to be over Serial No 1744) into the installer, then place the HA on it. It then transfers the licence into the HA. Repeat for the othe Roger X & HA. At this point the Roger X’s are worthless bricks.

You have to reverse these processes to get the licenses back in the Roger X’s. If you lose the HA’s, for example, your done for.

Phonak Roger are cynical regarding licensing

Peter

1 Like

Just wondering if the VA supplied you with a Roger On? I talked to my VA audiologist, and she was telling me that the Roger On isn’t on contract. Any info would be great. She is telling me that the Roger Select is the only option available.

The VA. provided my husband a Roger on , on his request. No questions asked, just mailed it out to our home. ( I had him e mail his audiologist ).

I just checked Roger devices “on contract” with GSA/VA and the Roger On is not.

Your husband must have some special pull. No luck for me.

IDK – best check with the VA audiologist again. She may not be reading from the most updated information. Spouse’s Audi ordered him one with no problem whatsoever. Another neighbor that is a veteran told me he got one also. Also, the list you posted is old. The Roger pen is no longer made, and has been replaced by the Roger On. the VA can get that for you.

The link that I included above shows everyone what is currently available on GSA/VA contract.

Most likely, Phonak had not updated that link. Contact your VA audiologist and have her/him double check the information. Phonak does not make or distribute or sell the pen that is on that list ! Best of luck. Phonak also has a phone number for Veteran issues, you might call and check that way.

2 Likes

Well, that site also says the latest Audeo is Paradise, and I can’t believe that. I have had a Roger on provided by VA for close to two years (Nov or Dec? I forget now.) and they have supported it 100% when it has failed (twice now. I dunno why.)

I could see V2 not being on contract until after it renews in Nov, but I am certain the original is on there, just like the TV Connector, the battery pack to go under the charger for the paradise, etc. They have been great.

I’d wait for the new version unless you will never do calls on your computer.

WH

2 Likes

Yes, the VA supplied me with a Roger On and a partner mike that my wife keeps with her so I can hear her when we’re in a noisy place like a restaraunt.

2 Likes

The one they just got for me is the V2.

3 Likes