Phonak Roger iN microphone

My question is for other users of the Roger iN microphone and Android phone. I wear Marvel 70 HAs

The microphone is very sensitive and it does help me communicate with a server when I’m in a bar or restaurant.

Within the Phonak app, when the microphone is active, there is an ambient balance.

Which way do you adjust this to eliminate background sound and to focus more on the server or other people at your table, surroundings or external microphone?

I mention Android phone because I don’t know if Phonak app for iPhone is like for like.

Thank You

My experience with the Roger One is that the default middle setting is about right most of the time.

Keep the app open and play with the settings there is a learning curve.

I’m just guessing, but I’d think “external microphone” would focus more on people closer to the Roger microphone and surroundings would give more background noise because it’s using the hearing aid microphones more. Agree with experimenting.

I’m getting my Roger Select iN on the 27th and plan to head to a restaurant on the 30th/31st for some trial and error. I have a Samsung S23 Ultra and I’ll let you know what I find out if nobody else provides a better answer in the coming hours / days.

Best way to try this out in the meantime is to fiddle with the settings. See if you can hang out with a few friends and just have them have a conversation among themselves and move the sliders back and forth. The reality is everyone’s got a preference for what they want to hear.

If Surroundings / External Microphone are the options on the sliders, external microphones refer to the Roger Select, Surroundings refer to your hearing aids. In the middle, it should work between both your hearing aids and the Select. External Microphone should be focusing more on the Roger Select and those you’re speaking with.

2 Likes