Phonak Paradise TV Connection

I’ve had Oticon OPN1 HA for several years. Tomorrow, I get fitted for Phonak Paradise at the VA. With the OPNs, I’ve needed to stream TV through a TV connector. Before I go to the VA, I’m wondering whether the Paradise model can stream directly to my HA without the need for a separate TV connector. My TV is bluetooth capable, new model. If I can’t stream direct to the Paradise HA, I’d like to know beforehand and see if the VA provides a separate TV connector.

I don’t know the answer to the question. When I went to the VA for my last hearing aids, they had it ready in a bag with hearing aid stuff, tv streamer and mini mic. I guess they knew with the loss that these things would be needed. If they don’t offer a streamer, ask them for one. My tv is “bluetooth” as well, but the streamer is plugged into the audio out port. It has been a godsend, as my wife has normal hearing and mine kinda stinks…I can adjust independently from her…

If your TV can connect to any handsfree or bluetooth headphone, your Paradise’s will connect them as well.

It should be able too, BUT get the TV Connector anyway if you can. It will use less hearing aid battery and I suspect is a more solid connection.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I’ll see and report what the va provides tomorrow

I picked up my Paradise P90 HA with fitted domes today, and, although first impressions, they’re a world better than the OPN1 set that I had (not fitted domes). Bluetooth connections to my phone, my car, my smartwatch, AND my TV. So, my question has been answered on TV connectivity. The doctor threw in a Roger Select as well and that will come in handy on my occasional meetings. The double tap on the top of the ear works well…connect, disconnect, reconnect with bluetooth all very simple. Tonight I’ll have to figure out how to bluetooth TV for me and have outside volume for others. I suspect I’ll need the Roger Select to do that, but welcome anyone with other ideas. As it stands now, when I bluetooth to my smart TV, I get volume in my HA but no outside volume for others.
After nine hours of use, I’m at 58%/62% on my battery so I should be good to go for a few hours of TV time tonight.
Thanks again for the replies.

1 Like

Put tv connector with tos link in your tv. Sound for others will be unaffected, and you’ll have your own in aids directly.

Roger select with his cradle I think can do the same.
However, in aids, they use different programs - tv connector uses tv program, select uses roger program.

By default they’re set up a bit differently.
Also could be further adjusted.

If you intend to use select as a mic, I’d recommend using tv connector for tv, and have those tweakings that your fitter will do, separate.

Plus, select sends mono, tv connector sends stereo.

Edit: just realised that you didn’t mention tv connector, I’d highly recommend it because of things above.

Also with BT to tv, unless tv supports splitting the BT signal, and you have BT speakers for others to listen, I don’t think it’s possible.

So far I only know that my phone (s8) supports bt splitting, and it loses volume, but I don’t know about other phones or tvs which do that.

Thank you for your reply. Here are a few things I’ve learned:
I can bluetooth connect to my newest TV without the need for Roger Select. There does seem to be a very slight delay in signal-to-ear, so lip sync is a bit off, but it’s not an issue. Volume and clarity are very good and, if there’s any difference in clarity using direct bluetooth or through Roger Select, I can’t tell.
I have noticed that when I receive an incoming email/alert on my smartphone, it stops the play on my netflix, but again, it’s a minor issue…I just resume play.
A bigger issue for me, at the time, is the performance of the phone app for my hearing aids. When I use my Oticon OPN1 with the Oticon app, the app stays on and connected all day. The Phonak app, however, regularly logs out, and I have to hit ‘retry’ to reestablish phone connection to my hearing aids. I like the options that the phone app provides, but wish it would stay connected to my hearing aids throughout the day. At the time, I’m looking for a way to provide feedback to the Phonak folks about the app…but can’t find a direct link. If you know of one, please let me know.
Again, thanks for your feedback.
John, San Antonio, Texas

I have a pair of Phonak Paradise P90 rechargeable hearing aids and a new TCL Smart TV. My bluetooth connections to my Samsung Note 8 and my Microsoft Surface Pro laptop work without the need to reestablish b/t connection. I am able to pair my hearing aids directly to the TV without the need for an intermediate device…I like that. Sound quality is superb. However, whenever I turn the TV off, I lose the pairing, thus requiring me to take my h/a out, turn them off and back on to re-pair. I don’t have this problem with any of the other bluetooth connections to my h/a. I’m considering buying a Phonak TV Connector to preclude this problem, but don’t want to invest in one and find I have the same problem. Does anyone have experience with Paradise and the TV Connector?
BTW, I’ve unpaired/re-paired my hearing aids with the TV on several occasions, but that doesn’t resolve the problem. Any suggestions?

I don’t have Paradise, but have Costco KS9 which is similar to Marvel. I have a TVConnect and it works great. I’ve only had to do an initial pairing. I suspect your glitch is related to your TV. I think you’d likely be happy with a TV Connect

1 Like

Paradise aids work great with the TV connector and automatically pair quickly and reliably.

Another advantage is that the TV Connector does not use bluetooth so you still have your 2 active bluetooth pairings available.

Jim

Thanks for the feedback, Jim.

1 Like

Not to mention the fact that tv connector is using own program instead of regular BT streaming one, so if your needs are different for when you usually stream vs watch tv, you (your fitter) have the ability to adjust options.

1 Like

I have the Paradise 90 rechargeable and a TCL Roku (but not with Bluetooth). I have not experienced any problems with the TV Connecter but again my TV does not have Bluetooth

IMO the TV connector is of superior sound quality than the Bluetooth connection… TV Connector is an awesome piece of kit, brilliant for also connecting via the jack plug to your Laptop, PC or iMac and video calls are a breeze. Cheers Kev :smile:

2 Likes

The VA gave me a Roger Connect that does the trick. Sound quality is excellent. I am still dismayed that, although I can make direct bluetooth connections to my smart TV, the connection needs to be re-paired each time I turn on the TV. With the Roger Connect, I no longer have to rely on the direct TV-HA pairing.

2 Likes

I purchased the TV Connect Easy Line from Costco, $100. Works great with my P90-r while using much less battery. no noticeable lag.
My Samsung tv is connected to my AV receiver by HDMI, the TV Connect is connected directly to the optical out of the tv. No splitter needed.

1 Like