Phonak Paradise programming without NOAHLink?

IFF (OK, maybe a mistaken assumption) the audi can program Paradise aids remotely without using a NOAHLink device at either end (and that maybe where I am mistaken), could I not program my Paradise aids without buying a NOAHLink? Can the Target software connect to the aids by communicating with them via the Internet connection and the Phonak cell-phone app?

It’s a Noahlink wireless not the NOAHLink, and yes it’s called remote support, all the manufacturers offer some sort of remote support, covid19 pushed it along pretty fast.

It’s a Noahlink wireless not NOAHLink
You don’t want the NOAHLink
You need Noahlink wireless for your Paradise models.

It’s doesn’t quite work like this, through the app and internet from your audiologist…yes but not for you.

Just buy the Noahlink wireless from eBay and program them yourself, so very cheap now you’ll get one for $150 or less if your keen.

1 Like

You have to have an account with Phonak for this to work. No DIYer has been able to set up an account with Phonak yet as you have to be an audiologist.

As others have stated you MUST use a Noahlink Wireless. No other NOAH device will work.

Yes! But for the first time, you still need to use the Noahlink wireless programmer to connect your hearing aids to the Phonak target software on your computer, and you don’t need a Phonak account to enable the remote programming feature.

Yes the recipient doesn’t need an account, but the sender does
(the audiologist) unless you know a way around this, like a spare account number laying around ; )

Sorry, I need to be more clear, you don’t need a Phonak account in Target software to use remote programming, you just need to select China market (not Chinese language) when you install Phonak target.
I successfully tested remote connection to Phonak marvel hearing aids without a phonak account last December.

5 Likes

Oh that’s very interesting. That’s good to know.

Yes absolutely fantastic news, a really interesting situation, different countries have their own respective way of doing things.

@tenkan:
I am not sure if the remote programming feature is related to the selected country. Maybe it’s just due to the Target installation which has been used for the initial setting of the aids.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to reprogram my aids from scratch: I entered the data for a new “client”. Then, when I connected to Noahlink Wireless for the first time, I decided not to use the HA settings. So the complete-reset- procedure for the HA was performed. After my reprogramming, I was surprised to find that remote programming was enabled for this new “client”:

In all my older settings with other “clients”, this feature still isn’t enabled:

The remote programming works fine with my new client. I was able to confirm this with a test-remote-session. I used the same PC which I used to program my aids, but with disconnected Noahlink Wireless. Then I started a remote session in Target and in the myPhonak app on my cell phone. Made some changes, saved them. It worked!

I’m pretty sure this was not the case with previous Target versions. This is not the first time I have completely reprogrammed my hearing aids. Maybe Phonak allowed this feature with new versions of Target

Ok, we still need to have a Noahlink Wireless for the initial setting. But I think it might be of interest to know of a work-around in case the Noahlink Wireless fails.

Maybe someone can try to do the same thing? Then we will know for sure.

4 Likes

@sterei

Thanks for letting us know. That’s good.