Phonak Paradise P90 issues with new Samsung S22 Ultra

Hi - I recently purchased a new Samsung S22 Ultra cell phone, and I am having issues with static/sound distortion through my P90s during phone calls.

I never had this problem with my previous cell phone, and the S22 Ultra seems to work fine on Bluetooth with other headsets and my car (which uses the same Hands Free Link Bluetooth profile).

Is anybody else having an issue with P90s and the Samsung S22 phones?

Is it possible that I need a firmware update to my P90s? Is there a way to find out what firmware my P90s currently have?

1 Like

Change the bandwidth within the App.

Some phones don’t support adaptive so have to change to the other one, can’t quite remember what it’s called, standard, maybe?

I have the exact same issue.

3 Likes

Fixed
I believe.
…

1 Like

@Raudrive Thanks. :slight_smile:

Yea it’s Fixed on the normal myPhonak App but standard on my Junior myPhonak App but according to Phonak, it’s the same.

Phonak have just made it confusing.

Luckily my new phone supports Adaptive. :slight_smile: Apparently my Dad says the sound is much better for him with Adaptive.

2 Likes

Thanks, Zebras; I have had this problem with my Paradise 90s on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone, so I wanted to follow your advice.

Checking whether this what you mean:

I went to the Bluetooth Phone Call settings and it was on “enhanced sound quality.” I switched it to “normal sound quality.”

I just did it so I haven’t tried it on a phone call yet.

Thanks,
Katy

The adaptive or fixed setting is in your Phonak app.
Talking from memory. It’s been a while.
Good luck

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’ll try it out on a phone call soon.
Katy

1 Like

By the way, I like enhanced phone calls in the phone settings.
You might want to put that one back.

1 Like

Thanks!
If it lets me hear!
I’ve been having to turn off the Bluetooth and use the speaker for phone calls.

How are you liking the Samsung S21 Ultra?
Always liked Samsung but went to Google with the CI, needed android 10 or higher. Thinking about buying another Samsung.

1 Like

It’s a fantastic phone! It has a beautiful clear view and it’s very responsive. I don’t even have the smallest excuse to update it to the latest model!!!

1 Like

Thanks, Zebras (And everyone else)!

Changing the bandwidth was the solution to my phone call noise problem.

I almost returned the phone, thinking it was the issue, while it actually was a setting on the P90s.

Cheers,

AzJazz

1 Like