What is the difference between different Bluetooth Bandwidths for Phonak Marvel / Paradise hearing aids?

I’ve been reading pervious posts on the different Bluetooth Bandwidths and can’t get my head around exactly what the difference is?!

Altho Adaptive is apparently better, my Phonak Marvel and iPhone SE 2020 seem to work better with Standard version.

Is there a chance that a new iPhone would require a different Bandwidth?

Some people even with Paradise seem to have issues as well. Why is it so complicated, is it down to being Classic Bluetooth?

I hope Volusiano chimes in here! He’d probably have it nailed. I also have Marvel aids and will be getting the new Paradise-based Audeo Life aids in a couple weeks. I use an Android phone, and unless I’m mistaken, have not seen any issues with Paradise streaming to that platform? I think the issues were more with iPhone, but I sure hope I don’t encounter any boondoggles with my phone streaming. My One+ Android phone does BEAUTIFULLY with the Marvel aids as it is.

I read a lot of older threads on this issue and even some Paradise users are having issues with Android and also iPhone.

From what I read, it seems to be pure luck on which bandwidth works for your Aids and phone.

Are you using Adaptive Bandwidth?

1 Like

I asked this question at Phonak Customer Service and their answer was:

“Thank you for contacting Phonak with your inquiry. In almost all instances the Fixed Bandwidth option is preferable.”

Although I can’t hear any difference in my P90’s with either setting I use the Fixed as directed and everything works fine on my iPhone 13.

Good Luck with your new AIDs

David

1 Like

I talked with them on the voice support line. I was having trouble with zoom/google meet disconnecting, and the only real help they said was to drop from adaptive to fixed. Didn’t help. They said the adaptive has better audio, but is less interoperable/stable.

WH

I haven’t a CLUE! How would I find that out?

It’s on the App like mine is in the picture.

I have the junior myPhonak App but it’s also on the normal myPhonak App.

@berettadm1

@WhiteHat

Thank you. I appreciate you both explaining your answers.

:slight_smile:

AH! I never put the Phonak app on my Android phone. I just didn’t want ONE MORE app to have to learn and use, making that clunky One+ cell phone like a millstone around my neck. Maybe the new audi I have will talk me into having it on the phone when I get my new Phonak Audeo Life aids.

As it is, I’m on the phone too much with texting, calling, etc., and NO social media even.

1 Like