Phonak Paradise P90 Bluetooth connection to my PC

Success (I think)!
As noted above, I have been searching for a reliable Bluetooth dongle for my desktop PC. I think I finally found it! And very cheaply, from AliBaba!
Details: UGREEN Bluetooth 5.3 Adapter, model CM591, A2DP / HSP / AVRCP / HID / PAN / GAV / US $7.45 only! Alibaba store link.
This dongle has the following BT profiles:
A2DP / HSP / AVRCP / HID / PAN / GAVDP / DID / IOPT. As far as I can see, the GAVDP is the important profile that potentially allows broadcast streams in theatres, but I am unable to test if that works yet. If you want to get down and dirty with BT Profiles, see this link
Like any consultant, I’m only one page ahead in the manual, but if anyone wants help, just yell.
I’m just delighted to have found something that actually works!

This is the only negative I have regarding the P90’s not playing well in the dongle sand box. I have tried a multitude of dongles whose issues range from doesn’t work, period to Is very bad at reacquiring the BT signal. The best of the worst for me has been the Techkey 5.0. A short trip to the kitchen results in the signal drop, which may or not be reestablished upon return. Seems I need a dongle with a faster scan time…(?)

@bulk I though you’ve had a good result from the Avantree DG80?

I did, but the not working volume/mute issue was a killer for me!

If you want extended range from Bluetooth then get a dongle labelled as Class 1, these have much extended range and some even come with an antenna.
Normal Bluetooth dongles are Class 2 and have much less range.

I have P90s and use them with a Win10 PC and Bluetooth. If they ever fail to reconnect after breaking connection I just toggle Bluetooth off/on. The TV Connector is a much better experience in that respect but I find the WiFi interference that it causes to not be worth the trade off.

If having issues with audio/video sync with Bluetooth in Windows then remove the Bluetooth device in ‘Device Manager’ and allow it to be automatically reinstalled: this will fix most sync issues.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll give it a try.

I use Tv link from phonak for Compilot1 (for my old Naida q50 from 2016). it works well, now I’m not sure if the TV link has an energy-saving mode compared to the classic bluetooth? I know that the Tv connector (for paradise) has that, and that it saves battery consumption on the hearing aid.

This is the answer. The class 1 BT transmitter just works. Thanks for the hint!!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BFGDPVG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

1 Like