Phonak Paradise CROS issues (app not compatible, poor sound with Bluetooth)

I’ve been wearing a cros for 5 years. I just got my new one last fall. You may not notice the value of the cros until you are out and about. And if you are hearing worse, maybe you need to get an another adjustment.

My right ear is my bad ear, so I really noticed the value of my cros when driving. Without the cros I missed a lot, if not all, of what passengers were saying. In groups, like a restaurant or a meeting table, I don’t need to turn my whole body to hear someone on my right side anymore.

I do agree about the inadequate length of time the rechargeable aids give you, particularly with a cros. I returned mine for one with #13 batteries. So much better!

1 Like

Sorry about your issues. I got my Starkey BICROS units a week ago today. I guess the big difference I have noticed is when streaming music or phone calls is only hearing in the one ear but i couldn’t make out what I was hearing in the right one anyway so no real loss there.

The audi is going to call and check on me in another week to see how I am doing. I may ask for custom domes although the closed ones she gave me at my request seem to helped alot with issues I was having with the standard aids.

I have no issues with streaming and no static issues so I am happy with that. The biggest difference I have noticed was this week when we took a trip to see some family in AR. and visting with them and some others who flew in. I was almost always able to understand everyone even when we were eating in a restaurant.

But the biggest change I noticed was while we were driving in the truck I don’t think I had to ask my wife to repeat herself once. I am virtualy deaf in my right ear and of course she is on my right when I am driving. I am really pleased with that improvment.

Only other real Issues is the sound in my left ear when I scratch my right ear or putting a mask on and hearing the sound in my left not a problem just funny.

As for battery life I have replacable battery units (312) and it appears they are lasting a little more than 72 hours and that’s with alot of streaming TV and music although I recently bought a ZVOX sound bar and have been able to watch TV without putting my aids in my ears which is amazing so I may be streaming a little less since I also can hear the TV pretty good with my aids in without streaming.

A week isn’t a long test period but so far so good.

One last thing I have several programs I can easily switch through in the app. Check out my audiogram. YMMV.

1 Like

Thanks for your post…I feel like I am getting towards the same level of improvement and resolving my issues as I learn or have HA retuned.

So funny - in Australia we drive on the left side of the road, so I can’t hear passengers on my left which is my deaf side when driving. I agree, conversations with them are much improved with the CROS!

I have trialed the P90-R/CROS-R and switched to the P90-13/CROS-13. I have not encountered any static issues with phone calls or streaming with a Roger On iN.

My phone is a Pixel 6 Pro with the latest updates on them.

1 Like

Went to audi a few days ago to set up the P90-R + CROS-P and got the incompatible hearing aids error while trying to set up the myPhonak app. So this is still not fixed which is awesome. Is there anything that can be done for this? Or is it just a hope that they will fix it eventually. Not being able to switch programs and configure some of the variables is irritating.

Programs can be changed on the HA itself.

Someone posted on a FB page that she works for Phonak and normally gets told about things a year in advance and she hasn’t been told about the compatibility of the App with the CROS P yet.

So for manual programs to be switched they have to be configured in Target by the audi right? And then one of the buttons on the HA needs to be allocated to switching those programs? @Zebras

My buttons on my Aids worked straight away.

Can’t see why yours wouldn’t?

Long press is program change.
Short press is volume change.

@meantub

I see, that is on the instructions they gave me, but is there a way to tell which one you’re using?

You just have to remember, which beep is what.

I have AutoSense and 3 x other programs. I’ve just learnt which one is which.

For a long time, Apps weren’t a thing and you would have to remember anyway.

Yeah I suppose I was just hoping to be able to use it, thanks for the info though appreciate it

Eventually the App will work altho Phonak promised a long time ago, it would work with the CROS P.

Yeah and when the audi called Phonak they had said they don’t even have an ETA on it, which is kind of dissapointing

I have hearing in only one ear and have been wearing a Paradise Audeo 90T in my good ear since last June. I had a Signia hearing aid with a BICROS transmitter before that, but opted to not get the Paradise CROS because of the incompatibility with the app. At the time, I was told compatibility “would be coming soon.” I didn’t think I really needed the BICROS HA, but I really do miss it in certain circumstances.

Holy Cow! It’’s 8 months later, and still no app compatibility! I wonder if there’s some major technical impediment to making the app work with the CROS. If not, why is it taking Phonak so long? Hopefully, someone from Phonak can help us understand we still don’t have app compatibility.

I was recently told my my Audi that phonak is having a lot of trouble with this. It seems making this work is more complicated than they thought.

I have been wondering about the CROS software also. I have had the Phonak P90 Aid and CROS since 12-2021 and have been told several times they would have the APP working soon. If they would just let the APP connect to hearing aid side and forget the CROS side it would be helpful.

This may not work but you could try connecting the App to the Aid whiles the CROS is turned off?

It may not work as the CROS is linked to the Aid but worth a try.

The issue with the App is it doesn’t recognise mismatch HAs. It currently has to be 2 x P90 for example.

This may not be useful to you at all.

My friend has the Phonak Sky M70 SP and Phonak Sky M70 M as she has an odd hearing loss and the App won’t work as one is a M and one is a SP.

Her Bluetooth works on both sides tho as they are paired together but yet the App won’t work.

:slight_smile:

I have tried it with the CROS side turned off and it doesn’t work.

@pete1

Ah that’s annoying.

The issue is fixed as of April 2023 the Phonak P70 will connect to the App. You need to download the latesr version of the app and the Hearing Aid will connect – the Cros Microphone will not though. You get about 75% funtionality from the app with the big excetion being anything in the health section not live. You get to contro; volume and the preset programs but I note no tone control or EQ — looks like the App just doen’t have these for any device.
My Bluetooth is ok with an occisinal hiss but I cannot complain.