Phonak Marvel TV Connector / Bluetooth - Sound issues

Not sure what you mean by this. Just about everyone that has the TV connector loves it. Odd that you are having issues.
Something I have learned self programming is sometimes I need to start over because I have messed everything up. You might try a new client and allow Target to set everything up based on audiogram direct with a proper feedback test. I have found this to correct my mess ups. Might give it a try.

I’m using the TV connector with my PC rather than with a TV. Probably more fine tuning is needed yes.

No big loss at the moment as the roger system works well :slight_smile:

RogerPM commented on using the TV connector on laptops and desktops recently. It is designed for use with TV, not computers. The time delays are not right for computers causing the aids to switch randomly. This switching from aids to the connector can be frustrating pending on how you use the connector on your computer.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that, i guess bluetooth needs some fine tuning and it should work great.

Hopefully there’s a dedicated connector for PCs at some point in time, i’ll use the TV Connector on the TV where it belongs :smiley:

I’m surprised, your settings are basically the same and you notice jump. Which I find very very odd, since there’s nothing that officially modifies the sound between the two programs.

Mine aren’t and I don’t notice any jump.

I think this starts to look like a hardware issue.

Do you use tos link connection or 3.5 jack?

Can you test the thing with TV and tos link?
Just send that video to TV, even from phone (cast), it’ll use TV sound.

Compare with aids and BT.

Second thing to test, ask your fitter for another TV connector.

It could be HA issue also.
Or something hidden or there was some interference between two options.

Was there any point in time when you didn’t hear the discrepancy? If yes, try to load session from that period or earlier and test.

If not, then make a new client, new session, use Phonak default programming to get something (if it is usable for you), compare bt and tv. Maybe tweak it into usable in general, then compare bt and tv. Eg what raudrive suggested basically.

This is mostly check of HAs - if you hear same issue with default done from scratch, it’s probably HA issue somehow.

You could also do factory reset of aids before creating this new user from scratch.

Share your findings. I hope you’ll find out who is the culprit.

There is actually a Phone Call + Mic program for phone calls.

The Media and Speech streaming program are for listening to music or a podcast etc. These programs are also used for TV Connector as well.