Phonak Marvel Trial Aids

I managed to get a pair of Marvel trial aids at an awesome price.
BUT I think they will beep hourly after 6 weeks and I will need to reset / reprogram them.

Does anyone know how the trial period works, there is no option in Target to stop this, but there is to change the function level.

Currently running them as M90; once tuned in I might try them at M70 / M50 to see what the difference is actually like !

Drew.

Can you not do a ‘factory reset’ on these HAs?

Yes I’m sure I can then just re-load my last session back on to them.

Drew, can you please post the success or failure of the factory reset. I have been offered some trial units but have hesitated because of lack of info on resetting.

2 Likes

Sure, will do.
I see no reason why it wont work, there is a separate section in Target to reset them.

I think you youse guys are assuming that the Phonak engineers are a bunch of dummies. Maybe you should assume the opposite.

I have no idea to what point you are referring ?
Do you know something specific about the trial functionality ?

My understanding is after 6 weeks they will make an hourly chime.

I assume that after a reset they will then operate for another 6 weeks etc. ?

Drew.

I have no specific knowledge about trial functions. But; if I were attempting to defeat trial functionality or attempting to defeat locking functionality, then I would expect that functionality to be well planned and not simple to defeat.

Anyone know why they would chime every hour after 6 weeks? What’s the purpose?

Maybe to drive you crazy if you overstay your trial time period.

1 Like

Its not exactly simple when you need the programmer and software that a member of the public is not supposed to have :-/

The manufacturers are well aware of our self programming capabilities.

Please forgive my ignorance on this subject, but what are “trial aids”? I guess I am mistaken but I thought they were just new hearing aids taken out of stock and sold to a customer with the right of return and refund within a set time period. Or maybe a demo set that keeps getting sent out with new customers? But if that were the case then the customer who is happy with his trial and never comes back would be paying new price for a previously used demo. So I don’t know what trials aids are and am curious to know, because if they actually remain the property of the store or hearing aid company, then legal title cannot pass, right?
Don’t hearing aids, like other electronic products, have serial numbers embossed into them?

Well there are these;
PHONAK-AUDEO-V30-312-RIC-Demo-Hearing-Aids

and these Oticon Alta Pro DEMO, good thing or Dud?
and apparently they can also Beep at you.

Marvel Trial Hearing Aids and the relevant section in Target.

I am curious about demo, trail aids too, they come up for sale now and then. Are they really different from standard aids? If they are, what’s the difference?
The seller of a set I am looking at said they are no different. I wanted to see if anyone here really knew the answer.

I will find out in approx 4 weeks when I expect them to start beeping and will need re-programming.
Only other difference I can see is ability to select performance level.

Drew

1 Like

I don’t think we really know for sure. In the old days if you could reprogram them then you were good to go. But now they/some may beep after an elapsed time period? We’re using @droo as our tester :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

test

2 Likes

Concerning the beeping. These demo aids would have to be reset at the audiologist office (or self programmer) for new clients.
The specifics about the model is important too.

Yeh I’m the crash test dummy here !