Phonak Marvel Trial Aids

Won’t be long now.
I have a hunch that no beeps will happen. In other words, act like normal aids.

2 people testing now.
Let us know.

Today my left aid has stared making 3 descending tones every hour.
Looks like crash test dummy time is upon us ?!?

I will monitor today and check out the settings tonight when I get home !

Drew

1 Like

You’re lucky to get 6 weeks out of them. The Unitron Trial HAs that I’ve been given will beep only after 2 weeks. They’ll beep every hour for 6 hours and then every minute until you get them re set.

So the left one beeped every hour 3 descending tones.

I have used target to read them, there is no obvious warning, but I note that I made a change on the right one a few weeks ago - I wonder if any change resets the timer ?

I have changed the bluetooth name and saved that back to the devices, will wait an hour and see what happens. If it still does it then I will reset the aid with the trial option then restore my last session.

Drew.

Few stats here :- Phonak Marvel Trial Summary - Album on Imgur

2 hours no 3 beeps - as I expected, config change resets trial timer.
I will continue to monitor.

Congratulations. That is better than I expected. I guess the Phonak engineers are a bunch of dummies.

Far from dummies, it would make sense to me to do it this way.

I might re-configure them at lower level to test difference performance !

I have ordered phonak marvel m90 r trial version. They’re being held up because of the Corona virus in China. That’s where the are made. Any one else having trouble getting HA s ? Does anyone have experience with the trial version of m90 r?

My wife is wearing Unitron Moxi All 600’s. All of the Moxi Alls can have their tech level changed. I expect they’d be similar to the Phonak trial versions. I can set them at any tech level for supposedly 6 weeks. But it must not actually be measured in weeks, probably hours of use. So they would stay at whatever level I set them at for at least a couple months. Then they start beeping occasionally, increasing beep frequency for a couple of weeks IIRC until it started to bug her, then I reset them. They can be reset to any level indefinitely. In her case she couldn’t tell the difference between the 600 level and the Pro level (about 4 notches higher) so I changed them back to 600. I tried them at the 600 and Pro levels as well, which made me confident that I’d probably be happy with Marvel 30s, and I have been. Conclusion - if the Phonak trial version works the same, and if someone who’s into self programming wanted M90s and could find the trial version at a lower cost, it could be a great deal.

1 Like

HI, I’m going to get from an audilogist friend a pair of phonak paradise “demo”. I also have a noahlink wireless to program them.
I’m curios if there is a “licence” to reprogram the phonak (and remove the beep) or just having the noahlink and reprogram them once a month is enough?

i did program my HA before with an older model and using the icube . but there was no “beep beep” at that time…

many thanks

Massimo

@serafini.m78

There’s no way to get rid of the beeps every 6 weeks as they are trial Aids. You’ll have to reprogram them every 6 weeks.

1 Like

thanks for the answer,

I’m aware of that, but it won’t bother me much doing it once every six week. I was just wondering if reprogramming them via noahlink is enough or if i need a kind a licence from phonak to do so… i guess i’ll just try and see what happens.

regards

@serafini.m78

I don’t believe you’ll need a license from Phonak. They’ll continue to work despite having to reprogram them every 6 weeks.

1 Like

My next appointment is in 10 days
It does the beeping every minute on the right ear and every 3hr on the left.

I ordered the noahlink
I hope to recover my sanity in 2 days

1 Like

hello, is reprogramming still works good for you?
I’m thinking about purchasing Naidas P90 trials and reset them every six weeks too…

yes, every time you open them using the software the 6 weeks restart.
Although it’s not exactly 6 weeks, since I noticed it counts on/off as one day. or at least any charging of 10min+.
But yes.

Just look out your window for the phonak police and hide them if they show up.

1 Like