Phonak Marvel - Phonak TV streamer v. Costco TV streamer - my experience

I walked in and ordered a TV connector 3 days ago. I knew exactly what I wanted. But, my wife has KS9 aids, they know that so I can’t say absolutely. I have Phonak Audeo M90 RT aids, this connector works fine with them.

1 Like

The issue may arise if you need a tv connector for a previous generation of Costco own brand aid. Each of the KS7-9 models has a different connector. Which is an aggravating situation.

I wonder why the range is so much better on the Phonak version. I have the costco version and KS9’s. The range is similar to the top post.

If I stream from the phone in the same location the range is better. Same as the top post. So I am wondering if the Phonak version is using bluetooth as opposed to low power streaming protocol? Not sure how to test that? Does the Phonac use the battery faster?

How much is the Phonak version? I assume it would work with the KS9’s?

Anybody know of a way to increase the range of the costco device?

@don2, according to the Phonak website, the Phonak branded TV streamer uses “AirStream technology” and has a range of 15 meters, which, according to an online converter, is a little more than 49 feet.

I use the Costco version with my desktop computer in my home office. I haven’t used it enough to know if there’s any difference in battery consumption v. the Phonak version.

This site has it for $195: Phonak TV Connector - Hearing Aids 365

No idea if it works for the KS9s. I’d guess it would.

Thanks for the reply.

I just bought Phonak Paradise P90s. I wanted to get a TV streamer and from this forum I heard Costco sold them for around $99. I just called them last week and my Costco would not sell the tv streamer to me, as I did not buy the hearing sids from them.

If you can find the item number try costco.com. Will see if I can find my receipt.

Sorry couldn’t find it.

1 Like

The Phonak device and the Costco device are identical, made in the same place with the same components by the same people. But the box they come in is different.

That said, different individual electronic devices may differ for lots of electrical reasons.

1 Like

Thank you for info. It’s appreciated. I bought a Phonak one from Amazon. Less expensive than my Audi by $70

That’s fine. I bought from Amazon. Saved $70 off Audi price.

1 Like

I just found this on Amazon:
Golvery Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter for TV with RCA AUX Audio Out, Portable Wireless Audio Adapter for Home Stereo DVD Projector PC PS4 Car Speaker, Pair Two, No Audio Delay: Amazon.co.uk: TV
It looks as if it might work with hearing aids. As it is blue tooth you might not be able to have your HA linked to this and a phone for instance.

The charger base for the Roger Pen should have an audio input, it should have come with an audio lead. The sound quality is much better if you connect the base into the TV.
The newer bases have a digital audio input (Toslink) but you will need a special lead.
I use a Roger Select for TV streaming with a digital cable - sound is very clear.
(extra cables available from Phonak )

The brochure on Costco’s K10 user portal shows range “up to 15 m (50ft)”.

1 Like

Thank you for mentioning the K10. I had no idea I could control the TV Connector audio using the left or right HA buttons. Very useful.

A UK Ebay seller has the Phonak TV Connectors for £99 about $140.

you would need a tv with a bluetooth transmitter. many tvs can only receive a signal. some tv transmitters require you to turn off the speakers…dumb

@ jlaubin: You replied to a post over a year old.
You looking for either an audio out using a 3.5mm lead or optical output, not a bluetooth capability. That capability is gained from the TV Connector.
You are correct that some TVs cut out the onboard audio when a 3.5mm jack is inserted into the audio out socket. I expect they think you will use a sound bar. If you have an optical output then the onboard audio remains available.
This throws up a different problem. If you have a sound bar the best sound will come from an optical output. Can you use an optical output from a sound bar or get an optical splitter?