Phonak Marvel M90 static

I’ve started to get episodes of very intermitted static in one of my Phonak Marvels. (Last month I had some static in the other aid, which shortly thereafter went on strike and has been repaired).

The static comes and goes. It’s intermitted and low-frequency — not white noise.

Is this likely to be related to:

1. A defective (batch of) batteries?
  2. A decaying connection between the amplifier and receiver?
  3. A problem with one of the microphones?
  4. A problem with the wax guard or that which lies beyond the wax guard?
  5. A problem with the electronics, or the computer?
1 Like

It could be a defect. However, one issue that the Marvel reportedly has is communication between the two ears. They apparently use a 2.4 GHz carrier frequency (like Classic Bluetooth) for ear to ear communication. That does not go through the head very well, and depends on bouncing the signal off reflective walls and ceilings. If you only have the issue outdoors well away from reflective surfaces, that may be the cause.

If you are sweating on them, that will create static until the mic dries out. Sweat on them too much, the mic will fail.

1 Like

This same problem has started on my M90-312T aids and happens when I first put batteries into aids turning them on. The static occurs in the right aid which is the primary one. At first I thought it was the batteries and changed them… static continued for maybe 10-15 minutes then stopped. No problem the rest of the day. Very troubling.
Anyone else have problem and what was remedy (if any)
Aids are only 6 months old

Thanks

M90-312 here. The same side ®, sounds a mix between static and scratching.

No discernable correlation between overall volume and the static, but it’s absent when no sound is amplified. Also, the static is constant when streaming.

When pairing, it pairs only L side although both are recognized by MyPhonak (don’t know if it’s the default behavior).

Any thoughts?

Not sure if this has been solved elsewhere, but I have this static too. Only happened in right side. Would come and go. For other reasons, I switched from right to left as side for Bluetooth pairing. Now only got static in left side. During the next session of static, I switched off bluetooth on phone. Static stopped immediately. Switched bluetooth back on and no more static. This would suggest the static is a bluetooth issue rather than the hearing aids?

I would suspect moisture. Some audiologists have dryers that can remove all the moisture and that may well resolve your problem.

Jim